Sign in to follow this  
TheoAmani

Scatter Chart for JavaScript Performance Issue

I am using FusionCharts for JavaScript / HTML5 (No Flash). All charts are load well except for the Scatter chart which seems to be taking long. I want to know if this is a known issue for this particular chart type and software version. The parameters needed to query the database and feed the chart (and load it using Ajax) are not known at page load time so the Scatter chart is loaded later on an isolated click event making the Ajax call. Is there a documented performance issue with the scatter chart that I need to know about? Thanks for any replies.

Hi,

The performance of charts generally depends on following factors:

1. Browser being used
2. Number of charts present in a page
3. Number of data plots for each chart
4. Types of other charts being used in the page (Single series chart, Multi-series chart, Real-time chart, Map etc)
5. Machine configurations
6. Concurrent scripts or processes running

Ajax calls take time since the request first goes to server. However, if you see the Scatter chart taking lots of time, then please let us know the above so that we can help you accordingly.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you for your reply.

The only factor I suspect could be the number of data plots. In this particular case, this number is close to 1600. Is there a limit to the number of data plots?

If you have some automated tests on the charts, can you run one with different settings for the number of data plots and see the difference.

There are times when it takes close to 20 seconds (1600 data plots), which is like an eternity of silence when you are doing a demo. And I suspect not all points are shown.

Hope to hear back on this.

Hi,

JavaScript charts take time during initial loading while subsequent loading of charts in the browser takes less time for the charts to render. This happens because the browser does not have to reload the JS files in subsequent rendering. 

We are trying to improve the performance of charts over various versions of FusionCharts Suite XT. This is a continuing process and you would see better performance of Scatter chart too in the upcoming releases. 

Hope this helps.