hlukes

Missing Color on Export

Only in IE 10 and 11 when I export a multiseries bar graph to any format (PNG, JPG, PDF), I lose all of my color in my graphs - they are gray bars instead of color.  There is color in the actual legend - just not the render of the bars. Strangely - I doesn't do it on my local copy of IE10 but using BrowserStack, I can replicate the issue.  IE9 is fine.  They are MS2D.    Any ideas what might be causing that?

<!-- START Script Block for Chart PSumChart -->
		<div id='PSumChartDiv' align='center'>
			Chart.

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">	
		FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');

//Instantiate the Chart	
			var chart_PSumChart = new FusionCharts("FusionCharts/MSColumn2D.swf", "PSumChart", "800", "600", 0, 1);

//Provide entire XML data using dataXML method 
			chart_PSumChart.setDataXML("<chart palette='1' caption='Total Facilities FTE -- Averages Summarized By: No Summary -- Fiscal Year 2012-13' shownames='1' showvalues='1' decimals='1' useRoundEdges='1' legendBorderAlpha='0' labelDisplay='Rotate' slantLabels='1' baseFont='Arial' baseFontSize ='12' baseFontColor ='000000' rotateValues='1' exportEnabled='1' exportAtClient='1' exportHandler='fcExporter1' bgcolor='FFFFFF' showBorder='0' canvasBorderColor='000000'><dataset seriesName='2011' showvalues='1'><set value='199'/><set value='561.7'/><set value='120'/></dataset><dataset seriesName='2012' showvalues='1'><set value='200'/><set value='628.49'/><set value='120'/></dataset><dataset seriesName='2013' showvalues='1'><set value='205.59'/><set value='622.47'/><set value='120'/></dataset><trendLines><line startValue='210.66502008' color='009933' toolText='Average of All Survey Participants - 210.67'/></trendLines><categories><category label='Univ X'/><category label='Univ XX'/><category label='Y Univ'/></categories><styles><definition><style type='font' name='CaptionFont' color='666666' size='15'/><style type='font' name='SubCaptionFont' bold='0'/><style type='font' name='myLegend' color='666666' size='13'/><style name='myAxisTitlesFont' type='font' font='Arial' size='12' bold='0'/></definition><application><apply toObject='caption' styles='CaptionFont'/><apply toObject='SubCaption' styles='SubCaptionFont'/><apply toObject='Legend' styles='myLegend'/><apply toObject='X-AxisName' styles='myAxisTitlesFont' /><apply toObject='Y-AxisName' styles='myAxisTitlesFont' /> <apply toObject='DataLabels' styles='myAxisTitlesFont' /></application></styles></chart>");

//Finally, render the chart.
			chart_PSumChart.render("PSumChartDiv");
		</script>	
		<!-- END Script Block for Chart PSumChart --> 

<!-- We also create a DIV to contain the FusionCharts client-side exporter component -->
   <div id="fcexpDiv" align="center"></div>
   <script type="text/javascript">
      //Render the export component in this
      //Note: fcExporter1 is the DOM ID of the DIV and should be specified as value of exportHandler
      //attribute of chart XML.
      var myExportComponent = new FusionChartsExportObject("fcExporter1", "FusionCharts/FCExporter.swf");

//Render the exporter SWF in our DIV fcexpDiv
      myExportComponent.Render("fcexpDiv");
   </script>

Edited by hlukes

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

The exporting of JavaScript charts in IE11 is a know issue with the current version and will be fixed in upcoming releases.

However, considering IE10 issue, could you please confirm the exact version of FusionCharts XT you are using, in your application? (To know the version details, open the "FusionCharts.js" file in any text editor and see first few commented lines)

Since, you are exclusively setting the Charts to plot in JavaScript mode, we would recommend you to use FusionCharts Suite XT v3.3.0 or above version, where JavaScript charts can automatically be exported to client's machine, by sending the stream of chart data to external server.

In this case, you would not need to create the object instance of "FusionChartsExportObject" and remove the exportHandler='fcExporter1' from chart XML data.

Else, if you are willing your chart to export for both Flash as well as in JavaScript mode (without any modification in code), you would need to just add the html5ExportHandler='http://export.api3.fusioncharts.com/' in the chart element of your XML data along with exportHandler='fcExporter1'.

For more information on "Exporting Pure JavaScript Charts", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/exporting-image/ECPureJS.html

Please try once with the above suggestion and let me know if the issue still present in IE 10, along with the screen shot of the issue.

Hope this helps!

So two issues - I can't export to JPG using pure JS.   Not even on your live example.   Nothing happens.   and in IE, I get a cross-browser scripting error and it won't let me download.    

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please note that the current FusionCharts Suite XT v3.3.1sr3 version is having the following two known issues related to JavaScript chart export and we are working on these issues. Will keep you posted, if any updates on these issues.

a. Exporting to only JPEG/JPG using "http://export.api3.fusioncharts.com/" is not working in any of the browser. Alternative suggestion to implement "Batik" in your own server. For details, please refer: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/exporting-image/ECPureJS.html

b. Exporting JavaScript charts to any format (JPEG/PNG/PDF) is not working for IE11 browser.

Hope this helps!