Guna Sekhar

Browser is getting crash while loading chat

Hi,

very are using licence version fusion libraries.some cases my web page is going to get crash its happens in FF and IE-10.

CHROME it will works fine.in specially Column2D and Java Script version charts . if i get quick help its very use full for me.

error i have attached as follows.

Thanks

Guna

Hi Guna,

even we are getting the same issue, i see the issue is with FusionCharts.HC.js.

i commented the FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');  line of code to user flash charts.  The same data and chart,  works fine. whit flash version. 

Thank you,

Praveen N 

Hi,

The performance of charts generally depends on following factors. So, please let us know the following :

1. Number of charts present in a page
2. Number of data plots for each chart
3. Types of charts being used (Single series chart, Multi-series chart, Real-time chart, Map etc)
4. Machine configurations
5. How data is obtained? Ajax calls take time since the request first goes to server.
6. Concurrent scripts or processes running

@Guna: The screenshot seems to be missing. Could you please attach it again?

Haritha,

Below is the input for your questions

1. Number of charts present in a page-6 charts(Bar and Column)

2. Number of data plots for each chart-some charts are less then 10 plots and some are more then 18 plots

3. Types of charts being used (Single series chart, Multi-series chart, Real-time chart, Map etc)-Single series 

4. Machine configurations-i7,8GB RAM

5. How data is obtained? Ajax calls take time since the request first goes to server.-Ajax call with JSON response

6. Concurrent scripts or processes running-No other scripts are running

Please find attached screen shot with this reply.. 

Let us know if needed further details.waiting for your quick reply.

Thanks

Guna

post-28036-0-11390900-1394628787_thumb.png

Edited by Guna Sekhar

Hi,

The loading of 6 charts, with each chart having around 10-18 data plots, simultaneously puts pressure on the browser and it is because of this reason that your browser hangs for some seconds and finally crashes. 

We suggest that you use staggered view of charts in your web page, where in you may make a batch (of some 2-3 charts) to be rendered first and after these charts get rendered you may render the next batch of charts. Doing this puts less pressure on browser and thus, improves the performance in all the browsers and machines. 

For implementing the above method, you may make use of "Rendered" event of charts which can be trapped using the function "FC_Rendered". This event is raised when the chart has finished rendering. This call is made only once per loaded chart. It can be used to invoke any further JavaScript methods on chart, or to create new chart , or change the data of chart.

For more information on Events and functions, please refer our documentation link : http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/JavaScript/API/Events.html

The JavaScript variant of FusionCharts is drawn on the web page, unlike the Flash variant which is separate component embedded on a web page. However, we are trying to improve the performance of charts over various versions. Hence, you will see better performance of charts in the upcoming version.

Hope this helps.

Haritha ,

We have been loading 9 charts per page, with each chart having more the 18 data plots and we dint got any issue with browser crash/handing, this seems to be specific to COLUMN2D/COLUMN3D charts. We are trying on some work around and we will let know. Thanks for the support.

Thanks,

Praveen N J

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your feedback.

As said, we are trying to improve the performance of charts over various versions. Hence, you will see better performance of charts in the upcoming version.

Haritha ,

We have been loading 9 charts per page, with each chart having more the 18 data plots and we dint got any issue with browser crash/handing, this seems to be specific to COLUMN2D/COLUMN3D charts. We are trying on some work around and we will let know. Thanks for the support.

Thanks,

Praveen N J

Hi Praveen

We are seeing a similar issue with the Column3D charts. Can you post the workaround you did for this?

Regards

Subi