benoitp

Retrieving x/y entities label position

Hi,

let me start by describing what I would like to achieve. I would like to be able to display another data series in the fusion map. The natural way in fusion map for displaying a dataseries is by gradient coloring of the entities but I would like to add another one. I would like, for instance, to be able to display this other series by using bubbles. To be more precise, we could do that by adding circle markers of different size in the center of the entities to represent this other series. Have a look on the attached document with the map of France to get the idea. In addition, I would like to do that for any fusion map.

I think I could achieve this by using circle markers. I need to automatically insert the x/y positions for those markers. I have noticed that FusionMaps has a list of the most important cities in Download Package > MarkerXML. However, I am not interested in the cities position. What I would like to do is to position my markers where the entities labels are (or point to), the "middle" of the entity. For example, with the continent world map for SouthAmerica, I want to put my circle marker  where SA:373M is written not in Sao Paulo or any other large city of South America. Do you have a suggestion for that ?

I am also interested for any alternative approach to display two dataseries in a fusion map (one being the gradient coloring, the other to be determined).

Thank you

Benoit

post-62556-0-03588400-1394793063_thumb.png

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regard to your query, if you are willing to insert the X/Y positions of the markers in your Map XML data, you could make use of FusionMaps XT, Visual Map Builder (Ref. Link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/maps/Tools/GUI/FusionMapsGUI.html), where on click of the required location on map, the map builder will create the marker for you along with the relative co-ordinates.

For more information on "Using Visual Map Builder to create maps", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/maps/Contents/?how_to_use/GUI.html

However, with regard to your query on "alternative approach to display two data series", please note that the data set for a particular map type consists of a set of entities (smallest region represented in the map) which is defined by FusionMaps XT. So, displaying two different data sets is not possible.

For more information on "Using Color Range to define data range and colors", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/maps/Contents/how_to_use/ColorRange.html

Hope this helps!

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, the VisualMapBuilder is not a viable solution. Indeed, this imply a manual record of all entity centers for all maps which is something that we cannot do. However, FusionChart is able to render the entity labels in their "center" so I guess there is a way, for us API users, to retrieve such position in order to put our marker rather than the text label.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

The feature of getting the coordinates of the labels of each entity on Map is not possible with the current FusionMaps XT.

However, please note that the position X and Y values provided to the marker elements are relative to the Map. So, you would need to set the values once for the first time, using the visual map builder.

Hope this helps!