Sign in to follow this  
srpokala

Drill Down Links in Pop-up windows for MVC

Hi,

I want to leverage the drill down links in pop up windows for my MVC application. But all the examples displayed here are for .aspx how can i use this for MVC.

Here is a link i was following and the example is for aspx

http://kb.fusioncharts.com/questions/33/How+do+I+open+my+Drill+Down+Links+in+Pop-up+Windows%3F

How do i modify this line of code 

resizable=no-ShowDetails.asp%3FMonth%3DJan

to work with mvc structure.

Thanks

Sri

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please note that to open a drill down link in pop up window, the URL provided to the "link" attribute can be absolute or relative to the page containing the chart.

So, similar to the example, you can provide any view page of your mvc application, to show the link in a pop up window.

Can i run a script on the link?

I have a scenario where i have to update a grid with the information provided on the chart. the grid is a partial view and now i have to refresh the whole page and chart is rerendered and it loses its state.

Is there a way i can achieve this functionality ?

Thanks

Sri

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Yes, you can provide your custom JavaScript function as link, which will execute the required JavaScript code snippet for you.

For more information on "Using JavaScript functions as links", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/DrillDown/JavaScript.html

However, with regard to your "update a grid" related query, if I have understood your requirement, the chart is drilled down to child chart and then updated the grid accordingly. Now, on refreshing the page, the drilled down data should be shown in the chart.

So, for this you could need to change the original XML data provided to the parent chart, with the data similar to the updated grid data.

In case if this is what you are not looking for, please elaborate a bit more on your requirement.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have javascript method will does a callback on the grid and all i had to do was pass that information to it and the grid was partial view and callback was enough and i was loading the whole page and after replacing it with the approach you suggested it is working perfectly.

Thanks a lot.