moorthy

Invalid XML data

Hi,

I am getting invalid xml data. It seems to be some issue in the argument I am passing in the link javascript method. Please find the xml tag below:

<set label='A-B' value='589987'  link='javascript:openInWindow("/GHJYT/ShowPage/ID_DATA?doFilterData=true&f[11][op]=EQ&f[11][len]=1&f[11][0]=4-7&f[7][op]=EQ&f[7][len]=1&f[7][0]=APT&DisplayType=chart", "","resizable=1" );'  tooltext = 'Count:589987'/>

Any idea? Thanks for the help in advance

Thanks,

Moorthy

Hi,

I have another requirement. In the drill link I am calling one javascript method. The code is:

link='javascript:ShowMenu('Moorthy', 'Mark O'Hon)'

Have encoded single quote. After encoding the code is:

link='javascript:ShowMenu(%26apos;Moorthy%26apos;, %26apos;Mark O%26apos;Hon%26apos;)'

But I am getting javascript error while clicking the link(bar) in the chart. This issue is because the value itself having single quote. Have tried like this: 

link='javascript:ShowMenu(%26apos;Moorthy%26apos;, %26apos;Mark O'Hon%26apos;)'

i,e have replaced the sinle quote in the value by ' In this case I am getting invalid xml error.

Any solution. Thanks for the help in advance

Thanks,

Moorthy

Found the solution!! The issue is because I didnt escaped properly. using java replace method have escaped with

Now it is working fine.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Using %26apos; gets me past the Invalid XML problem. But when I click on the link, the resulting URL decodes the %26apos; back to '. So if I had a parameter like p=Mc'Donalds and I set link to p=Mc%26apos;Donalds, the URL becomes p=Mc'Donalds so my server sets p to Mc. Is there any way around that?

Thanks,

Brian

Let me try that again with the correct escaping so you can see what I meant:

Using %26apos; gets me past the Invalid XML problem. But when I click on the link, the resulting URL decodes the %26apos; back to '. So if I had a parameter like p=Mc'Donalds and I set link to p=Mc%26apos;Donalds, the URL becomes p=Mc'Donalds so my server sets p to Mc. Is there any way around that?

Thanks,

Brian