Sign in to follow this  
GCT_JVZ

Bought license, but now transparent widgets don't work.

Hi All

Since I installed the licensed version, my widget's transparency don't work anymore.  The code is the exact same , just the JS file changed.

Any ideas?

I attached an example of the code (not full code with JS).. but you should be able to paste into own project.

example.txt

Hi all.

So after some research, looks like I discovered the problem. In the docs it states "setTransparent(transparency) - The chart container transparency can now be controlled using the containerBackgroundOpacity parameter while creating a new instance of FusionCharts." 

My question is how do I set this property without the contructor? Can I set it via scripting? Example $("FusionChart").containerBackgroundOpacity(0) or something like that?

Thanks

Hi all.

So after some research, looks like I discovered the problem. In the docs it states "setTransparent(transparency) - The chart container transparency can now be controlled using the containerBackgroundOpacity parameter while creating a new instance of FusionCharts." 

My question is how do I set this property without the contructor? Can I set it via scripting? Example $("FusionChart").containerBackgroundOpacity(0) or something like that?

Thanks

Hi,

Please note that in FusionCharts v3.4, you would just need to set "bgAlpha" attribute to '0' as the chart is by default set to transparent.

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-configuring-your-chart-border-and-background.html

Also, the previous method "setTransparent(true)" would work as expected although it is deprecated along with "bgAlpha" attribute set to '0'. For the new setting, you would need to write the following code.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/fusioncharts.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
FusionCharts.ready(function () {
   var myChart = new FusionCharts({
       type: 'column2d',
       renderAt: 'chart-container',
       dataFormat: 'json',
       dataSource: ...,
       containerBackgroundOpacity: '0'
   // Render the chart.