Sign in to follow this  
JohnLeg

showLabels=0 not working

I am upgrading a 2d pie chart from V3.2.4 to V3.4.0 and changing from flash to javascript.

I want to suppress labels and values and show the label and value as a tooltip.

I attached a screen shot of a current chart while hovering over the chart

Here is a stripped down version of of my chart. When I run this labels are displayed, values are displayed, and percentage is displayed in the tooltip.

What am I doing wrong?

var result = '{ "chart": {"formatnumberscale" : "0", "formatnumber" : "1", "radius3D" : "255", "showToolTip" : "1", "showPercentInToolTip" : "0", "showValues" : "0", "showLabels" : "0", "bgColor": "ffffff", "showBorder" : "0", "height" : "200", "width" : "200" }, "data" : [ {"label":"Tendered to Carrier","value":2,"color": "15678c", "link":"j-FusionCall-Tendered to Carrier"},{"label":"Booked","value":5,"color": "1e92c5", "link":"j-FusionCall-Booked"}]}';

FusionCharts.ready(function() {

var myChart = new FusionCharts({

type: 'pie2d',

renderAt: 'chart-container'

});

myChart.setJSONData(result);

myChart.render();

});

post-28460-0-71912900-1404309989_thumb.png

I am upgrading a 2d pie chart from V3.2.4 to V3.4.0 and changing from flash to javascript.

I want to suppress labels and values and show the label and value as a tooltip.

I attached a screen shot of a current chart while hovering over the chart

Here is a stripped down version of of my chart. When I run this labels are displayed, values are displayed, and percentage is displayed in the tooltip.

What am I doing wrong?

var result = '{ "chart": {"formatnumberscale" : "0", "formatnumber" : "1", "radius3D" : "255", "showToolTip" : "1", "showPercentInToolTip" : "0", "showValues" : "0", "showLabels" : "0", "bgColor": "ffffff", "showBorder" : "0", "height" : "200", "width" : "200" }, "data" : [ {"label":"Tendered to Carrier","value":2,"color": "15678c", "link":"j-FusionCall-Tendered to Carrier"},{"label":"Booked","value":5,"color": "1e92c5", "link":"j-FusionCall-Booked"}]}';

FusionCharts.ready(function() {

var myChart = new FusionCharts({

type: 'pie2d',

renderAt: 'chart-container'

});

myChart.setJSONData(result);

myChart.render();

});

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

We are unable to replicate the issue with FusionCharts v3.4. :(

The labels are not displayed on the Pie Charts and the tooltip displays the label and the values corresponding to the set element. Please check with the attached screenshot for your reference.

post-8144-0-65023900-1405601836_thumb.png

In case we did not understand your requirement correctly, please let us know what you would want to display on the chart and on the tooltip.

Awaiting your response.

Can you please post the entire html page that you used when trying to recreate this issue? I tried several variations on my attempt without success.

Thanks

I've discovered that I can setup a chart with all the desired attributes along with the data and it displays as desired. However when I use the setJSONData function to load different data some of the chart options are no longer working such as the showLablels and showValues.

Please provide a working example that incorporates the setJSONData function.

Thank you.

After a lot of trial and error I figured out the cause my issue:

If there is a space between "showLabels" and the : (colon) it does not work. Remove that space and it works as expected. It appears when rendering with Flash in an older version of FusionCharts it did not matter whether that space existed or not.

After a lot of trial and error I figured out the cause my issue:

If there is a space between "showLabels" and the : (colon) it does not work. Remove that space and it works as expected. It appears when rendering with Flash in an older version of FusionCharts it did not matter whether that space existed or not.

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please note that you would need to provide the data in the correct format in FusionCharts v3.4 else the charts is unable to access the data and hence, fails to display as expected.

Hope this helps. :)

Hey,

Attribute is named as "labelStep". This attribute is used to skip the data labels by the values specified for "labelStep" on the X-axis.

Hope this helps.