Christian.Lanctot

LinkedData not working in 3.4.0

Hi there FusionCharts. The attached code used to work just fine in 3.2.4 . Without changing anything, I tried to use it with version 3.4.0 and only the top level chart rendered. Clicking on a bar comes up with an empty chart with this message: "No data to display".

I checked the Linkeddata xml for any errors and I can't seem to find any. What am I missing?

Hi,

The usual reason for "No data to display" message is either your XML data doesn't contain any data. Which means that your XML contains just <chart> and <dataset> tags without any data inside them. Or you might be using a single-series chart SWF and providing data in multi-series format or vice-versa. In this case too, you'll get a "No data to display" message. 

For basic troubleshooting please go through the link below.

Thanks.

I don't think you understand my question: My <chart><dataset><set> stuff is fine. It works perfectly fine in Fusioncharts 3.2 but it doesn't in Fusioncharts 3.4.

Let me repeat that: I take my generated HTML file and use it in the Fusioncharts 3.2 environment and no problems. I can drill down (linked charts) to all my <linkeddata> parts. If I put the same HTML file in the Fusioncharts 3.4 environment the top level chart renders exactly as in 3.2 but clicking on a bar to drill down (linkeddata) produces the "no data to display" error.

This is EXACTLY the same file. No changes except the <script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts_XT/js/FusionCharts.js"> to reflect the differences in directory structure between version 3.2 and 3.4

So why is it behaving differently? Does this have anything to do with line 4617 of fusioncharts.js (after you JSformat the source) ? It has a line which reads: m = L; A = "json". In version 3.2 similar code is found in FusionCharts.HC.js at line 1749. But this time it's A = q; m = "json".

Do I need to format my linkeddata to Json now? I was assured that xml data would still be fully supported in 3.4

I would paste the sample right here but your forum software refuses to allow-me to paste anything. And I'm certainly not going to retype it all. Not only would it take too long, but I would probably introduce some typing errors which would invalidate it.

PS: I noticed that my original post didn't have any attachment. I did use the attachment feature in this forum and it didn't report any errors so I thought it was fine.

PPS: I noticed that the PASTE feature in your forum doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17207 so used Chrome 22.0.1229.79 and as you can see below, it works. You might want to fix your forum software to support IE 11.

myChart.setXMLData(" \
<chart note='StackedSidepercent 1.0 by Christian Lanctot 20130426'  caption='Hotel Occupancy' captionPadding='1' xAxisName='' yAxisName=''  chartLeftMargin='3' chartRightMargin='1' chartTopMargin='1' chartBottomMargin='1'  showPercentInToolTip='0' stack100Percent='0'  decimals='0' showValues='1'  enableSmartLabels='1' showToolTip='1'  reverseLegend='1' paletteColors='' divLineColor='dedede' adjustDiv='0' numDivLines='5'  plotSpacePercent='25' plotGradientColor='' showPlotBorder='0' showShadow='0' plotFillAplha='0'  yAxisMinValue='0' yAxisMaxValue='94' yAxisValuesStep='1'  bgColor='FFFFFF'  showborder='0' borderColor='b7b8ba' borderThickness='1' canvasBgColor='FFFFFF' canvasbgAlpha='100'  canvasBorderAlpha='0'  animation='1' use3DLighting='0' editMode='0' numberPrefix='' numberSuffix=''  showToolTipShadow='1' baseFont='Calibri' baseFontSize='10' baseFontColor='373737'  outCnvBaseFont='Calibri' outCnvBaseFontSize='10' outCnvBaseFontColor='373737'  showExportDataMenuItem='1' exportDataMenuItemLabel='Copy data to clipboard' exportDataSeparator=',' exportDataQualifer='{quot}' exportDataFormattedVal='0'  legendPosition='RIGHT' interactiveLegend='1' legendAllowDrag='1' legendBgAlpha='0' legendBorderAlpha='0' legendShadow='0'  divLineThickness='1' showAlternateHGridColor='0'   subCaption='Click on a column to drill-down by Room Type'> \
<categories> \
<category label='Current'/> \
<category label='Projected'/> \
</categories> \
<dataset seriesName='Occupied' alpha='100' showValues='0' includeInLegend='1'  > \
<set value='0' alpha='1'   showtooltip='0' toolText='' displayValue='0' showValue='0'/> \
<set value='3' alpha='100' link='newchart-xml-CT_Chart20140811093350-7100'/> \
</dataset> \
<dataset seriesName='Out Of Order' alpha='100' showValues='0' includeInLegend='1'  > \
<set value='0' alpha='1'   showtooltip='0' toolText='' displayValue='0' showValue='0'/> \
</dataset> \
<dataset seriesName='Vacant' alpha='100' showValues='0' includeInLegend='1'  > \
<set value='94' alpha='100' link='newchart-xml-CT_Chart20140811093350-1435'/> \
<set value='91' alpha='100' link='newchart-xml-CT_Chart20140811093350-6727'/> \
</dataset> \
<trendlines > \
<line startValue='94' displayValue='100%' valueOnRight='1'  /> \
</trendlines> \
<styles> \
<definition> \
<style name='ChartCaption' type='font' font='Calibri Bold' bold='0' size='12' /> \
<style name='ChartSubCaption' type='font' font='Calibri Bold' bold='0' size='10' /> \
</definition> \
<application> \
<apply toObject='Caption' styles='ChartCaption' /> \
<apply toObject='SubCaption' styles='ChartSubCaption' /> \
</application> \
</styles> \
<linkeddata id='CT_Chart20140811093350-7100'> \
<chart note='Bar2DExtended 1.0 by Christian Lanctot 20130426'  caption='Hotel Occupancy by Room Type' captionPadding='1' xAxisName='' yAxisName='' showValues='1' enableSmartLabels='1'   chartLeftMargin='3' chartRightMargin='1' chartTopMargin='1' chartBottomMargin='1' divLineColor='dedede' adjustDiv='0' numDivLines='5'  paletteColors=''  plotGradientColor='' showPlotBorder='0' showShadow='0' plotFillAplha='0'  showToolTip='1' defaultAnimation='1'  bgColor='FFFFFF'  showborder='0' borderColor='b7b8ba' borderThickness='1' canvasBgColor='FFFFFF' canvasbgAlpha='100'  canvasBorderAlpha='0'  animation='1' use3DLighting='0' editMode='0' numberPrefix='' numberSuffix=''  showToolTipShadow='1' baseFont='Calibri' baseFontSize='10' baseFontColor='373737'  outCnvBaseFont='Calibri' outCnvBaseFontSize='10' outCnvBaseFontColor='373737'  showExportDataMenuItem='1' exportDataMenuItemLabel='Copy data to clipboard' exportDataSeparator=',' exportDataQualifer='{quot}' exportDataFormattedVal='0'  legendPosition='RIGHT' interactiveLegend='1' legendAllowDrag='1' legendBgAlpha='0' legendBorderAlpha='0' legendShadow='0'  divLineThickness='1' showAlternateHGridColor='0'   subCaption='Click on a column to drill-down'> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='1STE'/> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='2STE'/> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LUX '/> \
<styles> \
<definition> \
<style name='ChartCaption' type='font' font='Calibri Bold' bold='0' size='12' /> \
<style name='ChartSubCaption' type='font' font='Calibri Bold' bold='0' size='10' /> \
</definition> \
<application> \
</application> \
</styles> \
</chart> \
</linkeddata> \
<linkeddata id='CT_Chart20140811093350-1435'> \
<chart note='Bar2DExtended 1.0 by Christian Lanctot 20130426'  caption='Hotel Occupancy by Room Type' captionPadding='1' xAxisName='' yAxisName='' showValues='1' enableSmartLabels='1'   chartLeftMargin='3' chartRightMargin='1' chartTopMargin='1' chartBottomMargin='1' divLineColor='dedede' adjustDiv='0' numDivLines='5'  paletteColors=''  plotGradientColor='' showPlotBorder='0' showShadow='0' plotFillAplha='0'  showToolTip='1' defaultAnimation='1'  bgColor='FFFFFF'  showborder='0' borderColor='b7b8ba' borderThickness='1' canvasBgColor='FFFFFF' canvasbgAlpha='100'  canvasBorderAlpha='0'  animation='1' use3DLighting='0' editMode='0' numberPrefix='' numberSuffix=''  showToolTipShadow='1' baseFont='Calibri' baseFontSize='10' baseFontColor='373737'  outCnvBaseFont='Calibri' outCnvBaseFontSize='10' outCnvBaseFontColor='373737'  showExportDataMenuItem='1' exportDataMenuItemLabel='Copy data to clipboard' exportDataSeparator=',' exportDataQualifer='{quot}' exportDataFormattedVal='0'  legendPosition='RIGHT' interactiveLegend='1' legendAllowDrag='1' legendBgAlpha='0' legendBorderAlpha='0' legendShadow='0'  divLineThickness='1' showAlternateHGridColor='0'   subCaption='Click on a column to drill-down'> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='1STE'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='2STE'/> \
<set value='8' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='4HBR'/> \
<set value='2' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='4HSE'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='BCK '/> \
<set value='7' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='BCP '/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='BCQQ'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='CTAG'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='CTAM'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='CTG '/> \
<set value='6' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DB  '/> \
<set value='3' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXF'/> \
<set value='7' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXK'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXQ'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXV'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LAVI'/> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LDBL'/> \
<set value='2' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LTWN'/> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LUX '/> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='STB '/> \
<set value='3' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='STK '/> \
<set value='3' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='STQQ'/> \
<styles> \
<definition> \
</definition> \
<application> \
</application> \
</styles> \
</chart> \
</linkeddata> \
<linkeddata id='CT_Chart20140811093350-6727'> \
<set value='4' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='1STE'/> \
<set value='4' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='2STE'/> \
<set value='8' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='4HBR'/> \
<set value='2' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='4HSE'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='BCK '/> \
<set value='7' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='BCP '/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='BCQQ'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='CTAG'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='CTAM'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='CTG '/> \
<set value='6' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DB  '/> \
<set value='3' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXF'/> \
<set value='7' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXK'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXQ'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='DLXV'/> \
<set value='5' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LAVI'/> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LDBL'/> \
<set value='2' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='LTWN'/> \
<set value='1' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='STB '/> \
<set value='3' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='STK '/> \
<set value='3' alpha='100' showtooltip='1'   label='STQQ'/> \
<styles> \
<definition> \
</definition> \
<application> \
</application> \
</styles> \
</chart> \
</linkeddata> \
</chart> \
");

Edited by Christian.Lanctot