Atul Darne

Fusion Charts V3

Dear Team,

We have Enterprise Fusion Charts V3 , which is quite old now, does it support charts to render in only javascript ?? instead of Flash ??

Do you have some plugin that can support this ?

Please assist  on urgent basis

Dear Team,

We have Enterprise Fusion Charts V3 , which is quite old now, does it support charts to render in only javascript ?? instead of Flash ??

Do you have some plugin that can support this ?

Please assist  on urgent basis

Does that version have setCurrentRenderer("javascript")?

Hi,

Please note that starting from FusionCharts v3.2, you can render FusionCharts in both Flash and JavaScript mode.

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/archive/3.2.1/Contents/?FirstChart/UsingPureJS.html

Also, in case you wish to render only JavaScript based charts (and not use Flash at all), you just have to add a line of code as shown below: 

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');
This code will ask FusionCharts renderer to skip Flash rendering and create pure JavaScript based charts.

However, we recommend you to upgrade to the latest version, i.e, FusionCharts v3.4.  This is purely a JavaScript version (no Flash support any further) and we have included a lot of bug fixes, features enhancements and new features.

Hope this helps. :)

I am a long time licensor using v3. What upgrades are available to me at what cost, if any? Will the new versions be able to process the same xml files and produce charts that look exactly the same as what I have now?

Hi,

For upgrade related queries, please drop a mail at "[email protected]"

Yes, you don't have to modify any code, as all the charts are backward compatible. However, if you wish to make use of any new chart type or new features, then you will have to modify your code to include the same. 

Please refer to the steps to upgrade from previous version: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-setup-upgrading-from-previous-versions.html

Hope this helps.