Sign in to follow this  
tgupta1983

Thermometer Widget use

I'm trying to implement a simple Thermometer Widget. I have referenced the fusioncharts.widgets.js in my html page and have the code to generate the chart as following. I have made sure that the XML is there at the specified relative location.

Am I missing somethig here?  I don't get any error message. If I add the reference to FusionCharts.js file, then I get the chart type not supported message. 

Please assist!! Thanks

<div id="PC_pnlChart">
<script type="text/javascript">
   FusionCharts.ready(function () {
       var myChart = new FusionCharts({
           "type": "thermometer",
           "renderAt": "PC_pnlChart",
           "width": "500",
           "height": "300"
       });

myChart.setXMLUrl("../ChartXML/thermo.xml");
       myChart.render();
   });
        </script>

</div>

Hi,

We tried to replicate the issue but the the chart renders without any such issue.

Could you confirm which Version Of FusionCharts you have been using to render charts?

Meanwhile, A sample has been created with the data provided with FusionCharts version 3.4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dq31yexe685ptv3/forumPost.zip?dl=0

If you are using any previous version we recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of FusionCharts.

Please find the download link below:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response. You are correct. It is the version issue. We're using FusionCharts version 3.2.4 (got it from the comments inside .js file - fusioncharts/3.2.4-sr1.9888).

We tried the latest JavaScript only charts but noticed good amount of lag especially when loading 10-15 charts at once for the dashboard display. So we are sticking with version 3.2.4 for now. This gives us best of both world. Internally all of our users have adobe flash and the charts render fine. If the adobe flash is not there, fusion chart automatically renders JavaScript chart. This seem to have worked fine for us.

Long story short - I think we will need Thermometer.swf, fusioncharts.widgets.js (compatible with fusioncharts.js version 3.2.4) to make this work. Please confirm. If so, we'll contact support folks to get these files.

Thanks!

Edited by tgupta1983

After doing some research and fusion chart version history, we have decided to try out the latest version 3.4.1 (including the widgets). I will respond back on how it goes with JavaScript only charts. 

The fusion charts version 3.4.1 works great on Chrome but it does not give satisfactory performance on Internet Explorer 8.0 (still have this version at our workplace because of some other constraints). So I still need some insight on my earlier post (Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:17 PM).

Hi,

Since the issue is with the older version of IE8, it is not possible to resolve the performance issue completely in FusionCharts Suite XT. But, compare to older version of FusionCharts Suite, the latest one has improved a bit.

However, we could suggest you to detect the browser version (before rendering the chart) by implementing your own code, and for IE8 specially disable the chart animation, tooltips, custom styles etc., which will run your application a bit faster.

Thanks.