Sign in to follow this  
vishnu1.accel@gmail.com

Export to PDF using simple javascript :Data security

Hi,

Im export simple javascript charts to PDF using fusion charts.

I need to know whether my chart data is sent ti fusion chart server while exporting.

if so any data secuirty that can ve done while exporting .

Thanks,

Vishnu

Hi Vishnu,

While exporting the chart data is not communicated with the external server. Only SVG image data would be sent and the chart is exported.

Hi Swarnam,

Its not clear.

Can you letus know when we click on the export button in  fusion chart.

IS there any chance communicationg witrh  fusion chart server for data ,image or whatever it is?

if so download feature is depended on your server? Will it work inside an intranet witout any outside network access.

Plz help me.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Hi Vishnu,

Yes, it will connect to external server to export the charts and require active internet connection as of now.

Meanwhile, we are working on self-hosted Export Handler module, which will help you to meet your requirement.

Hi Vishnu,

The latest release of FusionCharts Suite v3.5.0 , contains the self hosted export handler module in ASP.NET and PHP for exporting your charts. 

For further details on the private export servers, please refer to the following links.

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-exporting-as-image-and-pdf-setup-private-export-server-asp-net.html
        http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-exporting-as-image-and-pdf-setup-private-export-server-php.html

Hope this helps.