onkar

Fusion chart v.3.4.1

For version Fusioncharts v3.4.1 I read that

"Currently, the charts can only be exported using the hosted FusionCharts Suite XT Export handler service. We intend to ship a self-hosted Export Handler module next quarter."

I don't get the difference between "hosted FusionCharts Suite XT Export handler service" and "self-hosted Export Handler".

And another question is that right now I am using version 3.3. In that I am using server side export functionality.In that I call

chart.exportChart({ exportFormat: 'png' });

in my javascript function. can I use same method in latest example?

If do you have any example of server side export in latest version for asp.net then please provide me that example.

Thank you.

For version Fusioncharts v3.4.1 I read that

"Currently, the charts can only be exported using the hosted FusionCharts Suite XT Export handler service. We intend to ship a self-hosted Export Handler module next quarter."

I don't get the difference between "hosted FusionCharts Suite XT Export handler service" and "self-hosted Export Handler".

And another question is that right now I am using version 3.3. In that I am using server side export functionality.In that I call

chart.exportChart({ exportFormat: 'png' });

in my javascript function. can I use same method in latest example?

If do you have any example of server side export in latest version for asp.net then please provide me that example.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please note that FusionCharts export handler service is a public server through which you would need to export whereas self-hosted export handler needs to be hosted at your end locally and the charts can be exported without any public interaction.

In the latest version, we have provided self-hosted export handler for ASP.Net and PHP. More details at: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-exporting-as-image-and-pdf-setup-private-export-server-asp-net.html

Also, you can continue to use export methods in the same way as you used to in the previous versions.

Hope this helps. :)