shashanks

Upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.5 and maps don't work

Hi,

I have a US and a global map that I am trying to render. It worked fine on 3.2.2 on all browsers, but due to an issue in chrome, I had to upgrade, and now i get the message 'chart type not supported'.

What happened in chrome recently that would cause my normal bar charts to not update when filters are changed? That's why I had to update, but if there is another fix around it, then I would rather just go back to old code. Or if I could just keep maps libraries at 3.2.2 that would be great.

Thanks for the help,

Shashank

Hi Shashank,

Please ensure that fusioncharts.js and fusioncharts.maps.js files are present in the same folder. You will also need to paste the relevant map definition files in the fusioncharts/maps/ folder for any specific maps you want to use. Please confirm these issues and also make sure that you are setting the path of fusioncharts.js file properly in the script tag. Also do not forget to clear the browser cache.

Please let us know if the problem still exists after following these steps.

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. I followed the steps you mentioned but still have the issue. When I load the page it says 'loading chart' then says 'chart not supported'. The call i'm making to instantiate the chart is: 

var chart1 = new FusionMaps("/images/flash/FCMap_WorldwithCountries.swf", "chart1Id", "675", "500", "0", "1");
                        chart1.setDataXML("<map bgcolor='FFFFFF' showCanvasBorder='0' canvasbgColor='FFFFFF' mapTopMargin='-1500'></map>");
                        chart1.render("chart1div"); 

This is what I had to use the 3.2.2 libraries

Hi Shashank,

Please note that from version 3.4.0 flash charts has been deprecated, and FusionCharts has shifted to JavaScript only rendering.

As such you do not need to include any path of swf file in the contructor, just mentioning the name of the chart shall suffice.

Also you can use FusionCharts constructor in place of FusionMaps.

You can check the list of map names here:

Please check the documentation for maps in version 3.5.0 here:
http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-map-guide-setup.html