bryan641

Legend wrap using themes, not with no theme

I'm trying out themes to improve the look of some of my charts and I've found that while my multiseries column chart legend did NOT wrap when no theme was specified, one of the labels wraps as soon as I use any of the provided themes. What strikes me as particularly odd about this is the font size in the themes is smaller than what's being used with no theme specified. Here's an example with 'fint' on the left and no theme on the right.

post-65201-0-43984900-1423494542_thumb.jpg

Is there anything I can do to help the legend keep from wrapping? I've got 'legendNumColumns':2  and 'minimiseWrappingInLegend':'1' in my JSON.

Thanks!

--Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Please note that the themes has there own chart element combination of font , color etc. internally as  a whole for the look and feel of the chart. Hence, when we do not apply any theme the default setting for a chart gets applied accordingly.

With regards to your issue, the legend icons gets wrapped as there is not enough vertical space in the chart. You can try increasing the chart dimension accordingly or use the attribute "legendIconScale" and set it to 1. 

If still the wrapping occurs, you can keep using the chart without any theme applied and instead apply the chart element combination as per the demo fiddle below.

http://jsfiddle.net/moonmi/3fmg36m7/

Hope this would resolve your issue. Do drop us a mail if you require any further assistance.

Thanks.

Using that jsfiddle reveals that increasing the legendIconScale to 2 stops wrapping the text, but if I do that, it takes too much vertical space. Also, it seems no matter how wide I make the chart the legend never gets any wider. It'd be great to be able to specify a legend width as % of canvas. That would help a lot.

It seems really strange that if the chart is set to 370px wide and I set it to 2 columns it wraps the word "Opportunity", but at 4 columns it doesn't. It seems that if the legend is only 2 columns, then each column could be wider than if I'm trying to fit 4 columns in the legend.

--Bryan

Hi Bryan,

We totally understand your requirement and have logged and improvement regarding the issue. We'll keep you posted about any updates.

Until then your patience and support is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Bryan

Hope you are keeping well! Thank you for your continued patience.

Could you please upgrade your current version to the latest, i.e, FusionCharts Suite v3.10, release that will resolve your reported issue?

To download the Evaluation version of FusionCharts Suite XT v3.10, please visit the link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Hope this would resolve your issue. 

Thanks.

Hi Ayan, we can't upgrade immediately due to our development calendar, but need to address this issue if possible with a workaround until we plan and execute the upgrade into our dev schedule.

Can you tell me a bit more about what 3.12 changes were made to resolve this issue in 3.11? Also, is the fix in 3.12 dependent on setting legendIconScale=1 in chart settings?

Hi, 

Thanks for replying back.

Please check the image of a sample doughnut chart rendered in the latest version i.e. 3.12.1 and legends are showing up properly 

2017-07-14.png

Hi Ayan. we are in the process of downloading the upgraded version. Can you tell me, before we undertake the upgrade, what are the specific sections of code that have this fix? We would like to verify that the code change resolves the specific issue we are seeing.

Also, can you confirm whether or not we need to assign special setting parameters to fix the wrap issue, even with the upgraded software in place?