stmflh

Long labels in pie 3D charts

Hello, I'm evaluating FusionCharts 3.6 and have some questions regarding the rendering of data labels in pie 3D charts. I need to display data with long labels. To configure the charts I specified these xml properties:

enableSmartLabels="1"
skipOverlapLabels="1"
manageLabelOverflow="0"
useEllipsesWhenOverflow="1"

I've attached a screenshot of the rendered chart (fc_js_3_6.jpg).

1. Is it possible to get labels truncated with ellipses?
2. Is it possible to keep the label text left aligned, even if the label is displayed on the left side of the pie?
3. Is it possible to show tooltips with the complete text for truncated labels?
4. Is it possible to wrap some lables, if there is enough space for multiple lines?

I've compared the rendering of the FusionCharts 3.6 with the Flash rendering an old version of FusionCharts and saw that the Flash chart had a perfect label management (see screenshot fc_flash_3_3.jpg). Is there a way to get the same results with the current (or maybe a future) version of FusionCharts?

post-65288-0-08042300-1424266976_thumb.jpg

post-65288-0-70343600-1424267078_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum.

As per your query, the following are the suggestions:

1. Is it possible to get labels truncated with ellipses?

>>This issue has been replicated and we are looking into it and will update you soon.

2. Is it possible to keep the label text left aligned, even if the label is displayed on the left side of the pie?

>> No, it is not possible.

3. Is it possible to show tooltips with the complete text for truncated labels?
>> It is related with the issue 1 so this will be informed to you as we will solve it.

4. Is it possible to wrap some lables, if there is enough space for multiple lines?
>> Two types of label management cannot be done on single chart so this cannot be done.

Hope this helps.

Hi , 

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please upgrade your current version to the latest, i.e, FusionCharts Suite v3.7, released that will resolve your reported issue of  labels truncated with ellipses?

To avail this licensed release, you would need to re-Download the entire package from the My Orders section of FusionCharts Product Update Center.
PUC URL: www.fusioncharts.com/puc/

To download the Evaluation version of FusionCharts Suite XT v3.7, please visit the link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Hope this would resolve your issue.
Edited by Vishalika

Hello,

thank you for the Information about the new version of FusionCharts. I've downloaded version 3.7 and installed it on my webserver. When displaying a chart that has long labels it gets rendered as in the previous version (3.6). Labels are still truncated without ellipses. When hovering over a truncated label with the mouse no tooltip appears. In the configuration of the chart I use the following XML properties:

enableSmartLabels="1"
skipOverlapLabels="1"
manageLabelOverflow="0"
useEllipsesWhenOverflow="1

I've attached a screenshot of the chart and the complete XML-file that I used.

Are you able to replicate this issue? Do I have to use other XML properties to get labels truncated with ellipses?

post-65288-0-49020400-1429096171_thumb.jpg

test.xml

Hello,

I tried the setting manageLabelOverflow="1". The problem with this setting is that "SmartLabels" now aren't working anymore and that now many labels in the chart overlap. I've attached a screenshot of my chart with manageLabelOverflow="1". It shows that most labels aren't readable anymore.

It would be great if we were able to use

• "enableSmartLabels" in combination with "skipOverlapLabels" to prevent overlapping labels and
  • "useEllipsesWhenOverflow" to truncate long labels with "..."

post-65288-0-66805800-1429514207_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Could you please upgrade your current version to the latest, i.e, FusionCharts Suite v3.9,  which will resolve your reported issue?

To avail this licensed release, you would need to re-Download the entire package from the My Orders section of FusionCharts Product Update Center.

PUC URL: www.fusioncharts.com/puc/

To download the Evaluation version of FusionCharts Suite XT v3.9, please visit the link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Hope this would resolve your issue.