Sign in to follow this  
snagar

3D Line Chart Dual Y chart showing values lower than the grid line marked for it.

i am using multi series 3D line chart, the bar chart values are showing fine with the grid lines but line series is drawn a little below the grid lines giving visual indication that values are less than what they actually are

e..g goto 

http://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/chart-attributes.html?chart=mscombi3d

Hide both Actual Revenue and Profit series.

Now move mouse over the Project Revenue line for month of May though Sept.

The values 19k are drawn below the line marked for 18K.

Also attaching the image.

post-53471-0-86505700-1434136295_thumb.png

Hi,

The issue has been replicated from our end.

The chart type 'mscombi3d' is showing this issue.

We are working on it. Will keep you posted for the same.

Hi Vishalika,
Thanks for the reply.
with mscolumn3dlinedy on the fiddler we are not getting this issue but in our application we are getting this issue.  I tried reproducing it on fiddler even with 3.5 version of fusion chart but no luck :(.
But i found something other clue about the issue.
Attaching two images below, both are mscolumn3dlinedy charts and data is also the same, but you will notice that in one chart the 0 line is drawn in front of the 3D base while in the other chart the 0 line is drawn on the back of the 3D base.  That looks precisely like the offset its drawing the line below the required point.
Can you please tell what config option does that, i tried copying all the config option which i have in the application on the fiddler but still the line is drawn in the front of 3D base only.

post-53471-0-64367300-1435346045_thumb.png

post-53471-0-71559300-1435346046_thumb.png

Edited by snagar

Hi,

We have forwarded the issue to our engineering team and as per their feedback this is an intended behaviour.

This is not a bug but an optical illusion / error due to the depth (the z factor) in 3D charts. Due to the depth and perspective used in 3D chart the lines pointers appear off place.

You can see that the column's front edge ends at the point where the anchor is, so if we do not have the columns the lines anchors appear off place, because we do not shift positions ( z- depth) of dataplots based on visibility of other dataplots.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I get your point and that is exact issue, the line is drawn at the lower edge of columns, but how come in one of the examples, the line is drawn at the inner edge of the 3d base and on the other example its on the front edge base.

Why we are getting two different behaviors for the same type of chart.

Thanks

Hi,

As per your point mentioned in the previous mail, sharing a screenshot for more clarification.

Please confirm if you are talking for the same.

Awaiting response.

post-62849-0-80981500-1436168249_thumb.png

Hi,

Sorry for late reply :(

yes that's what I was talking about.  

If you hide the other series and keep only project revenue you can see that the green line is drawn on the front edge of the base but in another example its drawn at the inner edge of the base.

Regards

Hi,

Apology for late response.

The behaviour is due to the data value greater and smaller than the column value.

The value at front edge and inner edge is shown as per the column 3d value greater or smaller.

Hope this helps.

I am really sorry but i could not understand it fully!!

what i could figure out is that  "if there are multiple series with different render type like area and column etc then lines are drawn at the front and if there is only one line or if all the series are rendered as line then all of them are drawn at the back"

are you trying to say the same?

Hi,

Yes, the behaviour is that when the combination chart consist of line, column then the line is shown at the front edge. When the value of column is greater and the line is shown at the inner edge when compared to the value of column is smaller for the same set of category.

The 3D charts have canvas depth so this is the illusion.

Hope this helps.