blake

Calculated Date and grouping

Hi there, 

When i try to group by a date column that is calculated to show week ending dates, I get an error that says the I have provided a large data set with more than 250 plotting points. If I use a non-calculated date column (the source for the calculation), I don't get this error. Can you either add 'week' to the 'group by' drop down, or suggest a way that I can get this to work? 

Thanks, 

-Blake. 

Hi Blake,

Thank you for writing to us. The maximum number of dataplots that can be displayed in the Chart Preview Pane is 250. If your dataplots exceed this threshold, you get the "large data set with more than 250 plotting points" message in the Preview Pane. But, this is a limit only for the Preview pane and does not mean that your chart will not be generated. Once you complete configuring your settings and click on Finish, your chart will be rendered as usual.

I hope I was able to solve your query. Please let us know if you have any more doubts - we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Arka

Hi Arka, 

I'm still having issues with this chart. I only have 20 records in my list. The problem seems to be when trying to group by the calculated week ending date column. When I use this column, the chart pulls in a large amount of data from columns not selected for this chart. If there were a 'week' selection in the grouping option, I wouldn't need the calculated field. It seems every other time grouping option is there other than week. Can this option be added? 

Thanks, 

-Blake. 

post-66376-0-76183400-1435333279_thumb.jpg

post-66376-0-60826800-1435333282_thumb.jpg

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the screenshots, we got the issue but to re-produce we'll have to check it on same SP List. So can you please send us the SharePoint List template exported with content so that we can re-produce the issue and fix it? Please email us the STP file to [email protected] and reference this forum post.