bretth7377

Save Chart and Using Links in the Chart

I'm using the functionality that lets you click on the chart and it will call a javascript function... This is working great. 

I just added the imageSave='1' imageSaveURL='Path/FusionChartsSave.aspx functionality to the chart.  It works and saves the chart when I right click on the chart but if after I've saved the chart and left click on the chart to get the drill down functionality, I get a window that pops up in IE "Unspecified Error"... This only occurs if I've saved the chart.  If I click on the chart to trigger the drill down functionality without saving, then it works perfect.  Is this a bug?  It works great in FF, only happens in IE.

Thanks For Your Help!

We are having the same issue, and found out that this is a large issue. If we have a page that contains a chart, and then perform any action that downloads a file (i.e. - click a button that submits the current form, and we get back a file), then the chart drill-down does not work anymore (with the same "Unspecified error").

Isn't there any workaround for this issue?

We have seen the same problem as well. On our page, we have a chart and an export button that downloads the data to an Excel spreadsheet. After I click the export button, the links in the chart stop working - IE errors out with the "Unspecified error" popup.

Could FusionCharts support please look into this issue?

We too have the same issue with IE.

If I save an image of any chart on the page it disables any chart links that are javascript calls (in all charts on the page). Links that are to another page are fine.

I get the same behaviour by running a javascript function that exports the data to Excel.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Hi All,

In our forthcoming minor release 3.0.7 we are introducing another method to provide JavaScript functions as link, using which this error in IE wont occur. This is done using prefix j-.

e.g. link='j-myJSFunction()'

As of now we had been using prefix to provide JavaScript functions as links. This has been kept intact for backward compatibility.

Cool. Its working fine for me. Thanks Sudipto.

In my example, my set attribute is like this :

<set label='Hong Kong' value='235' link="JavaScript:alert('hi');"/> 

and now i replaced it with,

<set label='Hong Kong' value='235' link="j-alert('hi')"/> [NO SEMI COLON TO THE END JS FUNCTION]

And its working fine.

Thanks Again.

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

We are glad to help you.

Happy FusionCharting.

Hi Fusion Chart Support Team,

We are using 3.0.5 version of Fusion Chart and facing this issue. We thought of upgrading to latest version of Fusion Charts. But before upgrade we wanted to show a demo to our client using evaluation version. I tried to run one sample example (Code\DrillDown\JSExample.html) provided in Fusion Chart 3.2 evaluation package, but it did not work.

Is this fix available in evaluation version of Fusion Charts 3.2?

Thanks and Regards,

a Fusion Charts user.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please enable the Flash Player Global Security settings, if you are running the application from local file system (C:\ or D:\) and not from web server (local or live)?

Flash Player's Global Security setting blocks invoking/calling JavaScript from SWF (Flash Movie) by default. So you need to reset your setting into Global Security Setting panel and enable it.

Please refer to the following page for further details on the Flash Player Global Security settings:

http://www.fusioncha...HowToSetup.html

In case you are using Flash player 10.3, please refer to the forum link:

http://forum.fusionc...h__1#entry39164

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

I tried same example by displaying chart using HTML embedding method but drill down does not work but same chart xml works fine if I keep chart xml in a separate xml file and provide its path using setXMLUrl() method.

Thanks and Regards,

fusionchartuser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are using 3.0.5 version of Fusion Chart and facing this issue. We thought of upgrading to latest version of Fusion Charts. But before upgrade we wanted to show a demo to our client using evaluation version. I tried to run one sample example (Code\DrillDown\JSExample.html) provided in Fusion Chart 3.2 evaluation package, but it did not work.

Is this fix available in evaluation version of Fusion Charts 3.2?

Thanks and Regards,

a Fusion Charts user.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

There are some limitations of HTML embedding method. Let us get a comprehensive list of the limitations:

1. It does not support JSON data format. So the only data format that you can pass to chart using this method is XML.

2. It is not fully compatible with FusionCharts JavaScript framework, hence, many of advanced features (like Print Manager, LinkedCharts,Drill down functionality, Advanced Event management etc.) won't work.

3. It does not support JavaScript (HTML5) chart fallback mechanism.

Hope this helps.

Guest Sumedh

Thanks! Prefix : j- was a life saver ! Was facing issues in IE 7,8 . . . .

Glad that, your issue is resolved.