MikeT

showShadow parameter in multiple line chart

I know that the showShadow parameter was working at one time. I'm now using FusionCharts XT version 3.9 and it doesn't seem to be working. I understand from a previous forum post that it doesn't work on a per dataset basis but only for the whole chart, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

The whole XML dataset is rather large, but this is how it starts:

<chart caption='LCRD Cumulative Planned vs Actual / Projected Staffing (plan revision 8.0) - Funding = Project-only' baseFont='Verdana' baseFontSize='9' xAxisName='Month' yAxisName='Cumulative Staff Years (FTEs)' rotateNames='0' showValues='0' canvasBorderColor='bbbbbb' canvasBorderThickness='1' numberPrefix='' decimalPrecision='2' bgColor='f0f0f0' bgAlpha='70' showShadow='1' animation='0' adjustDiv='0' numDivLines='6' VdivLineColor='c5c5c5' VdivLineAlpha='60' showAlternateVGridColor='1' alternateVGridColor='f0f0f0' alternateVGridAlpha='60' yAxisMaxValue='70' showBorder='0' labelStep='1' plotGradientColor='' yAxisValuesPadding='5' canvasLeftMargin ='65' canvasRightMargin ='0' plotBorderThickness ='0'><categories><category label='Dec 2011' /><category label='Jan 2012'...

Edited by MikeT

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware that the parameter exists and where to declare it - the issue is that it is not working as advertised.

I reduced my code to the simplest testcase that would still show the problem and turns out that it's very simple to reproduce. If the last value of a dataset is blank (e.g., <set value='' /> in XLM, or {  "value": "" } in JSON) then the shadow for that line will not render. You can have blank data values at the start or in the middle without affecting the shadow, but not at the end. I'm working in XML but I verified the JSON effect using your JSFiddle sample - thanks for that!

So it seems to be a simple bug. Since it's not actually an XML problem, I'll re-open this in a more general forum.

post-5701-0-64946700-1446664956_thumb.png