Sign in to follow this  
Klakurka

zoomline hover-labels in line2d & stackedarea2d

Hi,

I've found that the hover-labels (image example attached) on the zoomline chart are a lot easier for users to interact with than the defaults that are used on the line2d and stackedarea2d charts. The reason for this is that it doesn't matter where your cursor is vertically (on the zoomline), whereas you need to hover over the exact right spots with the others.

My issue is that it doesn't look like there is an option to use the zoomline hover labels on the other chart types. Am I wrong?

Alternatively, I would be willing to use the zoomline chart instead -- but the big issue with it is that I didn't see an option to show all data points (effectively removing the 'zoom' functionality). By default, it simply doesn't show enough data points for what I need (requiring users to zoom in to see more detail). This is in contrast with the other chart types.

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to use the zoomline chart's hover labels on the line2d and stackedarea2d charts?
  2. Is it possible to configure a zoomline chart to show all data points by default (without requiring that users zoom in to see additional detail)?

Thanks! 

post-68859-0-39210800-1457909399_thumb.png

Edited by Klakurka

That's definitely a lot better!

The only trouble with it is that if you, for example, place your mouse cursor above the data points, it does not trigger the annotation events (requiring you you hover over the data points themselves, unlike on the zoomline chart type).

Is there a way to allow users to hover over any part of the chart and have the annotation event fire for that position on the x-axis?

Thanks again!