acrolite

setDataURL woes

Hello,

In a page that I'm working on, I can use the following for a fusiongadget gauge:

<

div id="chart4" align="center">

<script type="text/javascript">

var myChart = new FusionCharts("FG/Charts/AngularGauge.swf", "chart4", "180", "100", "0", "0");

myChart.setDataURL("

http://server_name/check_table.cgi?tabName=table5");

myChart.render(

"chart4");

</script>

</div>

This works fine and the guage displays. However, on the same page I am trying to do the same thing with a MSColumn2D.swf chart... but it's not working. I get an "Error in loading data" message.

I've verified the XML is correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, the cgi script that I am trying to call is located on a different server. I don't believe it's possible to use a relative url when I'm trying to access a different server...?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks again.

I will give the relayer script a try. But, I guess my question now is - Why would the setDataURL function work for one gauge and not on a graph, when they're both on the same page and they both call from the same server?

Does the setDataURL function work differently for Fusion Charts than it does for Fusion Gadgets?

Thanks.

Hi,

It is more probable that the version of FusionGadgets/FusionWidgets (v3.0.1 - December 26th, 2007 onwards) that you are using does not have this XSS attack prevention feature while the version (FusionCharts v3.0.5 - 22nd December, 2007 onwards) of chart that you are using does have it.

Hmmm... ok, well, can you possibly give me an example of the relay script that you mentioned? (Just a general idea of what you had in mind, or where I might find it). Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Just bumping this thread in the hopes that I can get an example of a relay script.

Barring that, would it be possible to maybe get a copy of the older Fusion Charts engine (for lack of a better word) that would allow me to access a different server without a relay script? Or, could the "relative url" security feature possibly be made into an option that can be toggled on or off?

Thanks!