rmorris

trendline effects, and hidden scatter points

I am trying to find a better charting framework that our pieced together solution. There are a couple of things I am unsure on where to start. Can someone provide any pointers or links for accomplishing the following?

1.I have a vtrendlines and trendlines display showing. How can I not show any values in the margin (none on the left/right/bottom/top)

2. On my vtrendlines/trendlines I need to display a tooltip for the $startValue of the trendlines

3. On my vtrendlines/trendlines I need a hover effect to increase the size of the thickness line

4. On a scatter plot. if 2 points have the same x and y, one of them will be hidden. I need the tooltip when hovering over which ever point is displayed, to put the name and value for BOTH points that share that x,y position.

5. On a scatter plot, I need to show additional values in the tooltip.  For a series like below, how would I generate the described tooltip?

{
   seriesname: 'Vehicle A',
   color: '#6baa01',
   data: [{ 'x': 5, 'y': 5, distance: 18, totalTime: 98 }]
}

//tooltip should say "Vehicle A , X: 5, Y: 5 Distance: 18 Time: 98"

fiddle for reference http://jsfiddle.net/akeoz24L/5/

for #2, the tooltips work for chart type 'scatter', but if you change it to 'zoomscatter' the tooltips no longer work for trendlines. There is also a problem with 'zoomscatter' where the anchor on min/max is not cut off and only partially visible.

Edited by rmorris

Hello,

Thanks for the query.

Few of your requirements is achievable .

1. How can I not show any values in the margin (none on the left/right/bottom/top).

Solution : Please set the attribute showLabels and showYaxisValues as 0. Which  will hide the x-axis and y-axis values respectively.

2.  On my vtrendlines/trendlines I need to display a tooltip for the $startValue of the trendlines.

Solution : For scatter plot tooltip is working as expected from our end, and for the zoom-scatter we have logged a bug and will keep u posted.

3. On my vtrendlines/trendlines I need a hover effect to increase the size of the thickness line.

Solution : This feature is not supported by fusioncharts.

4. On a scatter plot. if 2 points have the same x and y, one of them will be hidden. I need the tooltip when hovering over which ever point is displayed, to put the name and value for BOTH points that share that x,y position.

Solution : This feature is not supported by fusioncharts.

5. On a scatter plot, I need to show additional values in the tooltip.  For a series  like below, how would I generate the described tooltip?

Solution : Manually this can be done using the toolText attribute at the data level.

I have tried to create a sample as per the requirement.

Kindly refer the fiddle link below for the implementation.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Prerana Singh
Edited by Prerana

Prerana, thank you for the quick response, it was very helpful

for #1, I misspoke. how do I hide the value of the trendline/vtrendline only. I still want to see the normal values on the axis, just no the value of the trendline.

for #3 , are there any events on the trendline, hover / mouse enter that I can tie into?

and 1 last question, is there anyway to 'fake' a hover event. So if I have a table outside of the chart, and I hover a row on that table, I want it to trigger a hover on a specific data point / anchor. Is this possible?

Hello,

Thanks for replying back.

1. How do I hide the value of the trendline/vtrendline only. I still want to see the normal values on the axis, just no the value of the trendline.

Solution Instead of hiding the trendline/vtrendline value, You could set the displayValue attribute inside the object of line array  as " " ,ie a blank space inside double quotes. 

2 . Are there any events on the trendline, hover / mouse enter that I can tie into?

Solution  This feature is not supported by FusionCharts.

3.  Is there anyway to 'fake' a hover event. So if I have a table outside of the chart, and I hover a row on that table, I want it to trigger a hover on a specific data point / anchor. Is this possible?

Solution  This feature is not supported by FusionCharts.

Kindly refer the fiddle link below for the implementation.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Prerana Singh

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

We are glad to inform you that FusionCharts v3.12.1 release is available now.

You can download latest files from PUC portal: http://puc.fusioncharts.com/

You can also download evaluation version, using this link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Version History link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/version-history/

Please check for the issues reported and revert back to us if you have any queries.

Kindly find the sample given below for the reference.

http://jsfiddle.net/Prerana/akeoz24L/17/