tcraigen

Primary and Secondary Y Axis problem

I am unable to get the Scaling to work with the Y Axis values.

No matter what values I use in the Secondary Axis, I always get the same number scale.

Also, when I use the default labels the graph uses MB/GB instead of Time scale.

I have attached the XML File,

ExampleFile.xml

post-492-128441566201_thumb.png

I have discovered the problem, though it still does fix my problem.

Setting the

SYAxisMaxValue='10000'

Seems to get things in the normal scale. I am not so sure this is correct though, as changing the number to a higher number seems to change the numbers on the right of the scale.

This features (the Secondary Y Axis) seems to not be working as the documentation says it should.

I hope that this is a known bug, as it is holding up development for us.

Thank you,

Tom

Reading the documentation, it looks like Fusion Charts reads all the data and then auto scales based on the data.

Is it possible the the SYAxis is not looking at the primaryYAxis='S' that I have used in the dataset?

It's been 2 weeks and I have yet to find a good work-around.

The Scaling seems to not work for the Secondary Axis ( for any of the Multi-Series Dual Y charts ).

Tom

Hi,

Could you please tell us which chart swf you are using?

The XML structure shows that you might be using a multi-series Stacked Single Y chart.

To use MS Stacked Dual Y chart and show secondary Axis you would need to use <lineset>.

Could you please follow the XML given for the MSStacked Dual Y chart in the Chart XML Reference in the Documentation.

In case you wish to use MSCoulmn3DLineDY.swf or MSCombiDY2D.swf or StackedColumn3DLineDY your XML would be a bit different - with no nested <dataset>s.

I am trying to use the stacked chart

MSStackedColumn2DLineDY in the example above.

I am not sure if this the chart I want to use.

What I need is the Dual Y Axis and the ability to do stacked data on the Dual Y chart.

The left stack will be "Memory" and the right two stacks will be two different breakdowns of CPU for a total of 3 columns (the image only shows two right now).

I will be adding things like average and standard deviation calculations to the graph as well as trend lines.

I have attached a sample graph of what is close to what I am looking for.

I am also working with Pallav, he responded to my bug report. Wanted to let you know so that you guys are not duplicating efforts.

I have a python object that determines the format based on the graph type passed. This I have created by following the details in the documentation format.

Thanks,

Tom

post-492-128441566237_thumb.png

Edited by Guest

This graph seems to be working now with my data structure.

I had a typo for parentYAxis.

But I am still wondering if this graph will give me the graph I need described in the above post??

Thank you for your help.

Tom