dbasix

Trouble with Margins & Labels on DragNode chart

Hello! I am trying to have some margin spacing between the name label and the actual image displayed on a Dragnode chart. I have included here an image so you can see what is happening. The DragNode chart is working great. However, the labels are bunched up over the actual image of the node.

I have tried both xAxisNamePadding and yAxisNamePadding added to my settings but still it is not helping.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

pic1.png

Could someone please respond to this thread? We are trying to decide on purchasing this software but need to know certain items are workable.

Thanks!

Try to set the 'imageAlign' and 'labelAlign' attribute of the xml you are using.

e.g. - <set x='50' y='90' width='80' height='40' color='B10101' name='Example Name' alpha='100' toolText='This is an example'  id='ex1' imageNode='1' imageurl='images/example.gif' imageAlign='top' labelAlign='bottom' imageHeight='16' imageWidth='16'/>

If its didn't helped you, send the xml file and images.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I am using the imageAlign and labelAlign properties.

Here is a link to the xml file:

www.webfiredesign.com/test.xml

And here is a link to the images:

www.webfiredesign.com/center_contact.png

www.webfiredesign.com/contact.png

www.webfiredesign.com/hospital.png

Thanks for your help! I really do appreciate it!

Would anyone be able to help out with this issue? I haven't had a reply now for quite a while. Still stuck on this.

Thanks!

p.s. Moderators - I noticed that this might be in the wrong forum. Could you move this topic to the DragNode chart forums or the power charts forums? thanks!

Hi,

Could you please try using imageWidth and imageHeight together with width and height?

I have modified first 2 nodes in your XML and you would find that these two wont let the image and label overlap.

Here are the two sets: Please note that imageWidth and imageHeight sets the dimension of the image of the node while width and height (if the previous 2 are declared) would specify the container node's width and height. Thus after specifing imageWidth and imageHeight you can always specify height more than the imageHeight to give some space to the label.

The example would illustrate more:

<set x="50" y="55"  imagewidth="60" width="60" imageheight="80" height="105" xAxisNamePadding="150" yAxisNamePadding="150" name="Dr. Emil Ahmed" color="33C1FE" imageNode="1" imageurl="http://www.webfiredesign.com/center_contact.png" labelAlign="bottom" imageAlign="top" alpha="0" id="center_contact" allowDrag="1"/>

<set x="5" y="10" width="68" imageWidth="68"  height="110" imageHeight="57" name="Tri-State Medical Corp 438718" link="index.php?module=Accounts&action=DetailView&record=ae6aba8e-8d28-6b63-ed31-47f2b3a3a0c6" toolText="Tri-State Medical Corp 438718" imageurl="http://www.webfiredesign.com/hospital.png"  color="33C1FE" id="inf0" imageNode="1" labelAlign="bottom" alpha="0" imageAlign="top" allowDrag="1"/>