LousyJohnny

Using date in columned chart

Hi,

I would like to add some date info to the displayed data, but I don't find anything in the doc.
Basically, I have a chart with months or days on the abscissa , and when i click on a column I want to easily retrieve the according date in the listener.

I have tried to add , besides "data" and "label", an info "start" but it doesn't appear in the dataobj object.
The label does not contains all the date info ( just the day of the week or the number in the month )

Any ideas someone ?
Thanks

Hi,

The requirement you are trying to achieve is possible using dataplotClick event where the dataObj object will support the parameter mentioned in the link

If you require to retrieve additional information using dataObj object you can do so by passing the information via "toolText" attribute and then retrieve it , instead of defining new parameter "start".

For further reference please visit this fiddle link http://jsfiddle.net/ayanbhaduryfc/eLs2oopp/

Hope this helps.

I'm already using dataplotclick, it's working well,  but I don't want to change the tooltext because it's handy

I guess I will try to parse the dataset to get the "start" param I defined earlier.

Thanks