ron.savage

Upgrade 3.8.0 => 3.11.3 loses x-axis labels if slanted

Hi Prerana

Thanx for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm already using canvasPadding!

I've generated a gist of 2 PHP functions - https://gist.github.com/ronsavage/8688df7aec19586564cd816f0dc50570. The 2nd calls the 1st for basic configs, and then overwrites some of them depending on which type of chart I'm using. Here is a 'MSLine'.

Is there anything you can see in the gist which I should change? I do admit not yet patching anything since I switched from FC V 3.8.0.

Hello,

Thanks for replying back.

We are not able to replicate the issue using the gist you have sent because there are many attributes whose values are not available in the sample, and you are setting the value of those attribute using some array/function.

Kindly send me the entire encoded json including the data using which the chart is rendering not the php code.

Hope this will help.

Hi Prerana

I plugged my data into the code you provided in that JSFiddle, and the x-axis labels appear (!) so I'm confused right now.

Also, could you please show me precisely where in my gist you think the data format is wrong.

I should add the values in the gist are displayed by this line embedded in JS:

<?php echo "<script>render_chart('chart_div_2', '$chart_type', $json_chart_config_2, $json_categories_2, $json_dataset_2, $width, $height);</script>\n" ?>

I do apologise for not spelling that out earlier. My fault.

Would it be better if I switched to the FC PHP wrapper? I can't see how I would gain anything from that.

Lastly, do you have any idea why the code works under V 3.8.0?

Hello,

I have attached the modified code of yours, and its working as expected from our end.

However you can also achieve your requiremen using FusionCharts PHP wrapper.

Kindly refer the doc link, for further information about FusionCharts PHP wrapper.

Hope this will help.

sample_forum.zip

Edited by Prerana

Hi Prerana

Yes, I can confirm that slanted x-axis labels work under Chrome and FF with the patches to your 2 *.js (V 3.11.0) files.

Column drawing is noticeably jumpier than with V 3.11.3 but we'll put up with that on the assumption that the patches will soon flow thru to another update.

Many thanx!

Hi Prerana

Since the company I work for, Lockharts, has a licence for FusionCharts XT, could you please supply a version the patch which does not label each chart with 'FusionCharts XT Trial'.

TIA.

Hello,

As you have licensed version of fusioncharts js files, please replace the previous js file with the  licensed js files in your code to remove the watermark.

Please visit this doc to know more about how to upgrade to the latest version.

Note - Please clear the browser cache and then render the chart.

Hope this will help.