Sign in to follow this  
ajreynolds

Self updating chart without a web server

Greetings all.

I am trying to evaluate FusionWidgets to see if the self updating charts will work for what we would like to do.  I want to embed a web browser component in a program and have it display a chart.  This is on a local machine, not going through a web server.  I've figured out how to do this with a regular chart through FusionCharts, but I would also like to be able to auto update the data every few seconds.

To try to figure out how to do this, I've developed a simple set of files which I think should do it, but I just can't get them to work.  It's supposed to display a column chart that counts up from 0 to 59 and is updated every second.  I'd like to have it display just a single column that grows or shrinks as the data changes, not have it marching across the screen showing history. 

Would someone be able to take a look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Once unzipped, you should just be able to load the html file in a web browser to see the chart.  Remember, I'm not using a web server.

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks,

Andy

autoupdate.zip

Thanks.  Is there any way to do this on the local machine without using IIS or another web server?  Possibly a different kind of data source?  There will not be a web server available to the machines where our application will be run.

Thanks,

Andy

You can try with a local file too - but that would raise Flash player security settings issue and you would have to configure in all your client machines.