uk_fs

Version 3.12.1 upgrade caused issues

We have upgraded to the 3.12.1 version recently and started noticing that the charts are putting a text 'abcdefhiklmnopqrstuvwxyz'. Going back to 3.12.0 seems to show the charts fine. 

Looking up the fusioncharts.js. I see that the in line 526 and 989, there is 'document.createTextNode("abcdefhiklmnopqrstuvwxyz")'. Anyone know why this is added or what is the reason that is causing the text to show up now.

Attached is a screenshot.

FusionCharts.PNG

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out.

We are looking into this and will keep you updated.

Meanwhile, if you could share a sample code with us, where the issue is getting replicated would be a great help.

Thanks for looking into this.

Below is a sample code that generates a chart and it has the issue of the 'abcd...z' showing up.

<chart theme='fint' baseFontSize='14' valueFontSize='14' legendItemFontSize='12' pieRadius='57' caption='Browser Stats' xAxisName='Browser' yAxisName='Visitors' numberPrefix='' formatNumberScale='0'>
<set label='Chrome' value='2' />
</chart> 

Sorry about the delay. I tried the fiddle but it does not seem to show any output. Please see the attached file.

Can you please give a developer perspective on why the 'createDummyText' method is added and how it is effecting the chart. I tried to go through the code differences from 3.12.0 to 3.12.1 and this was one of the methods that was added. Inside this method, it is adding the text node 'abcdefhiklmnopqrstuvwxyz'. 

Any help is appreciated.

fiddle.PNG

Yes, this one seems to work fine. I am not sure what is making the text show up in our chart. Can you please give any insight of why this can happen on a chart as I mentioned earlier that the createDummyText method from fusioncharts.js method is generating this text. I tried different ways of hiding the text but that is messing up how the choices show up for a pie chart.

Any update on this? I am looking for your developer perspective on what situation can cause this to happen as the 'abcd..wxyz' text is coming from fusioncharts.js and it was working well before the 3.12.1 version

Hello,

FusionCharts 3.12.2 release is available now. You can download latest files from PUC portal: http://puc.fusioncharts.com/

You can also download evaluation version, using this link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Please check for the issues reported and revert back to us if you have any queries.

I tried the latest version and it still seems to show the same behavior. Any update on what cases can trigger this to happen? Like I mentioned earlier, if you can help us with possible cases from a developer perspective we will try to see if we can fix it on  our side.