Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

In need of a unique type of interactive chart in Flash?

If you've a need for an advanced and interactive chart in Flash, and you think it fits into our PowerCharts package too, just reply to this post with all the details of the chart. We'll try and create the chart for you.

Actually, I need to create a graphic display of the number of males and females at our school.  Can you create something with a male/female symbol.  I'm thinking of the two symbols side by side with the number within. The kind of symbol I envision is like the restroom symbol.

Would love to see a full blown 3d chart with the ability to rotate, zoom, support for lines, surfaces, points, color shifting via z axis. This may have to wait till flash 9 is fully deployed to use the VM, but certainly possible in flash 7/8.

I want to use something like an editable linear gauge, but where I could specify each value in the XML. This would typically be a list of dates.

E.g.

Monthly:

- Dec 07

- Jan 08

- Feb 08

- Mar 08

Quarterly:

- Autumn 08

- Winter 08

- Spring 09

etc..

or

- Jan - Mar 08

- Apr - Jun 08

- July - Sep 08

This would allow my dashboard to display our trend data on other charts.

I can achieve something quite similar via a few JavaScripts - e.g. set min value = 0, max value = 12, then round off and convert to a month in the FC_ChartUpdated() javascript function. I can then send a call back to the chart to snap to the correct month - but the result isn't really as nice or as pretty as could be achieved by adding an option to specify a range of values for the slider.