Sign in to follow this  
nickpdx

Pie chart with Grid component: link Grid click to Pie slice-out?

I like the examples of a Pie chart paired with a Grid chart. I'd like to know if there is a way I could make the link attribute of my Grid elements, so that the click action would cause the corresponding Pie slice to slide out as if it had also been clicked on.

Similarly, is there a JavaScript hook that I could use to cause the Pie slice to slide out as if it had been clicked on? That would enable me to create a web page with HTML elements that linked directly to the Pie chart.

I'm afraid you cannot track the click events in a grid. You can track events from clicks on pies - but not grid elements.

I like your pie charts and how I can associate a grid component with it, so much that I'm pushing a PO through at my company to buy FusionCharts3. But the pie+grid component logically joined together can be taken much, much further.

If you could create a new SWF that produces both the pie and grid on one canvas, linked together such that the grid clicks would highlight or slice-out the corresponding pie piece... that would allow the information represented there to be conveyed with so much more clarity and speed.

It relates back to my other post about adding legends to any type of chart, perhaps. If one could add a grid component inside the canvas of any single-series chart and specify the relation of each grid item to one or more data plots, the grid item becomes an embedded functional legend for the chart. In a bar or column chart, clicking the grid item could highlight the corresponding bar(s). In a pie chart, it could behave like I've already described.

You're making a solid product; I hope you continue to work to make it better. Thanks for at least giving my suggestions an open ear.

That us exactly the problem my company is facing we need the chart to display the set labels in a grid like format and be accessible from the grid as well. However since this functionality isn't available we are creating a javascript based solution that provides the same level of dynamic content but has an even greater functionality which allows for full customization. The Fusion Charts package is pretty but not very friendly.