nlaslett

showLabel not working for individual entity

When showLabels='0' is set for the parent <map> section, setting showLabel='1' on an individual <entity> seems to have no effect.

The inverse (<map showLabels='1'> & <entity showLabel='0'> ) does work.

Neil

Edited by Guest

I can confirm this. Additionally, if showLabels = 0, setting the entity to showLabel=1 does nothing. I really need this to work, and the docs say it is supposed to (Whether to show the label for this entity? This attribute over-rides the value specified for showLabels attribute for element.). Am I missing something?

I can confirm this broken for bar2d charts (though I am guessing this is broken everywhere). Somewhat of a show-stopper for us. Any idea when a fix (or a workaround) might be available?

I think I found the problem in line 2409 of MapsSourcecomfusionmapscoreMaps.as:

if ((this.entity [i].displayValue != "") && (this.params.showLabels==true && this.entity [i].showLabel!=false))

Requires that the map's showLabels be set to true AND the entity's showLabel be set to true - this doesn't make much sense.

It should be an OR condition, since either would be good, IMO, or check two things: 1) Map is set to true AND entity is set to true, OR 2) Entity is set to true <-- this would be the documented behavior.

if ((this.entity [i].displayValue != "") && (this.params.showLabels==true || this.entity [i].showLabel!=false))

would be my first solution or

if ((this.entity [i].displayValue != "") && ((this.params.showLabels==true && this.entity [i].showLabel!=false)) ||(this.entity [i].showLabel!=false))

would be my second proposal.

Does this help the problem any? I can't recompile...

From FusionCharts support:

Currently we do not support showing of entity labels individually owing to the structure of our connector lines (internally). What we support is hiding of labels individually (but that wouldn't hide the connector lines). It's a feature restriction which we'll address in the next major release.