Pallav

Iraq map in FusionMapsGUI

The Iraq map in FusionMapsGUI.html does not load the table below.

As far as I can tell, FC_Rendered() is never called; I have been unable to trace the problem further.  All other maps seem to load fine.  This is true across browsers.

Neil

They are all running from a local IIS instance as well as a Win 2003 Server IIS install:

(link removed)

and

(link removed)

Everything works except on the Iraq map.  I have stepped through the .js code and it never renders the form controls because the FC_Rendered function is never called.  I suspect the non-standard characters on the Iraq entity names may be causing an error in the flash rendering...

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by Guest

We just ran into this problem with Iraq, and the remote version fixed it. Unfortunately we ran into the same problem with Benin (in Africa), but the remote solution didn't fix it. Is there some other fix available?

PS: If it's any help, the problem (at least in the Iraqi map) was only that the FC_Rendered event never triggers.  The controls on the FusionMapsGUI.html page don't render until that event happens.  But you can still manually use the map by generating your own HTML and XML files.

Actually the Iraq one worked from the link in this thread, but the Benin one didn't. My guy apparently figured it out on his own - but obviously this still needs fixed.

I'm getting a little nervous about this maps product in general. I've sent a number of E-mail to support regarding it (over the course of the last 3+ weeks), and heard nothing back. I'm not entirely sure I can rely on this to be in our product.

Ha!  That means you're hitting my server directly.  Funny.  I should really take that post down...  I would post the fixed .swf file but I don't think InfoSoft would like that very much (since it's the registered version).  Send me a message with your email address and I would be more than happy to send you a copy.

Neil

Apparently I don't have access to PM. Feel free to E-mail me at luke at centercode.com. I'd actually be interested in your experience with the product, maybe we can swap stories/tips.

Thanks,

Luke