Sign in to follow this  
Ann BZ

Label problems in drag node chart

Hi -

I have the following observations when using labels for nodes in a drag node chart ... can someone please comment on if this is working behavior - or a bug? or if there are suggested workarounds?

1)When using an image for the node, it appears as though the area dedicated to the label is constrained by the image height & width (imageWidth, imageHeight) rather than the node height/width (width, height). The problem I have observed with this is that if you are using static images ... to represent some common item - such as a server, but there are varying names for each server, the names will not render appropriately unless the size of the image is somehow adjusted (which does not look visually appealing) - or a very tiny font is used (which is unreadable on the glass). I understand that the name/label can be obtained by hovering over the node (or one can adjust font size) ... but this certainly decreases the value of printing out something like a network topology...

2) when using a node without an image specified ... the labelAlign property appears to have no affect ... the label is always placed vertically in the middle

3) The documentation refers to a "label" property on the "set" element ... but this appears to be ignored and rather "name" property is used...

Thoughts?

A

Edited by Guest

Hi,

1. If you are using latest DragNode chart, the issue has been solved. You can use the bellow xml structure for a image node-

<set x='50' y='90' width='80' height='40' name='Demo Example' alpha='0' toolText='abc-xyz'  id='a1' imageNode='1' imageurl='images/pix1.gif' imageAlign='top' labelAlign='bottom' imageHeight='16' imageWidth='16'/>

Here width and height stands for the outer boundary of the node. Use the imageAlign and labelAlign according your requirement.

2. labelAlign works only with Images. If you want to manipulate, ask for a custom build chart ([email protected]).

3. Please use "name" instead of "label" in set.

Edited by Guest

Thanks much for the information. Right now I am using the trial of PowerCharts ... I am trying to evaluate it for a project I am working on . Would it be possible to evaluate the latest drag node chart code for my evaluation?

Thanks - I downloaded the latest version since it has been updated. However, I still see the same issue outlined in #1 above. The label seems bound to the image size, rather than the node size. Is this a bug - or am I doing some thing wrong? I am attaching the xml I am using to render the chart, and a screen capture of what I see rendered.

Thanks,

Ann

post-804-128441567141_thumb.jpg

Data.xml

Hi,

We have tested your xml with the latest version and found no error.

Use 'debugmode' for any other issues regarding xml etc.

USE THE ATTACHED CHART.

Thanks.

DragNode.zip

Edited by Guest

We checked this issue in detail and it happens only when you provide the wrong path to image (i.e., image is non-existent). In that case, we're unable to trap the onLoad event. As such, if you provide the right image path, it'll work fine.