FusionCharts Support

Is it possible to eliminate counties?

I am afraid, as of now, you can not remove the extra spaces left from hidden entities.

However, you can crop a map using negative values of map margins (mapLeftMargin, mapRightMargin, mapTopMargin, mapBottomMargin) and use proper cropped map width and height to take some part of the map out of the map's visible canvas. Note that this work-around may crop any other visible entity out of the visible canvas.

Please see the sample screenshot and XML below (for World map - FCMap_World.swf; width-360 height-360) which puts North America and south America entities out of map canvas. For this the width and height are modified:

<map  hoverOnEmpty='0' BorderAlpha='0' showlabels='1' showBevel='0' showShadow='0' fillcolor='886688' mapLeftMargin='-350' mapRightMargin='-100'>
       <data>
               <entity id='NA'  alpha='0'  showLabel='0'/>
               <entity id='SA'  alpha='0' showLabel='0'/>
               <entity id='EU'  value='3' displayValue='My Europe' showLabel='1'/>
               <entity id='AS'  value='3' displayValue='Oriental land' tooltext='tooltext' showLabel='1'/>
               <entity id='AF'  showLabel='0'/>
               <entity id='AU'  showLabel='0' />
       </data>
</map>

The success of this depends on the position of the entity which you are hiding. If you are hiding an entity which is placed next to the margins of the map and cropping the map does not crop a visible entity, it's your baby!

P.S. Lots of fighting with the margin values might bother you though.

post-179-025075200 1304524810_thumb.jpg

P.S. Lots of fighting with the margin values might bother you though.

Is there a criteria that helpsin having to "fight" less (i.e. calculate the margins in a 'scientific' way)?

Guest Sumedh

Is there a criteria that helpsin having to "fight" less (i.e. calculate the margins in a 'scientific' way)?

Hi,

There is no scientific way to calculate the margins.

Thanks for your time.