Sign in to follow this  
dbasix

Configure chart size through URL

Hello,

I'm embedding FC in a FLEX/AS3 application using a SWFLoader. Since there is no compatibility with the AVM3, I cannot set the size of the charts through method calling.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but I was wandering if there is a way to set the size of the chart using a URL variable, like for e.g.  "charts/MSLine.swf?dataURL=asp/Default2.aspx&chartWidth=300&chartHeight=200&debugMode=1".

I've tried Width, width, chartwidth and nothing. In the debug mode it gives me this:

Info: Chart loaded and initialized.

Initial Width: 1276

Initial Height: 907

Scale Mode: noScale.

Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance.

Jose Loureiro

Hi,

If you have the chart code, change some portion of the 'Init.as' file (location: com>fusioncharts>includes) as shown below, and recompile.

//Get chart width and height

var _chartWidth : Number =

Number (rootAttr ["chartwidth"]);

var _chartHeight : Number =

Number (rootAttr ["chartheight"]);

//If chart width and chart height

have registered as 0, we update

to Flashvars value

if (_chartWidth == 0 ||

_chartHeight == 0)

{

_chartWidth = Stage.width;

_chartHeight = Stage.height;

}

For the mxml do the following:

mySWFloader.source="MSLine.swf?chartwidth=600&chartheight=400"

thx.

We've (finally) released the beta of FusionCharts for Flex. You can see it and download from http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/ . The download contains source code of both our demo applications - Chart Explorer and Mortgage, which can also be seen online at http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/Demos.asp

Your feedback is VERY important to us and as such please do let us know what you think of this and also if you face any bugs.

FusionCharts for Flex v1 has been released (http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex). It offers 45 chart types in both 2D & 3D. In addition to the general charts comprising of single-series, multi-series, stacked and combination charts, it also offers unique charts like scroll charts, true 3D chart, funnel & pyramid charts and the newly added Scatter & Bubble charts. Also, the drag & drop support in Flex Builder IDE has been improved and now you can see a chart in action by just dragging it from the toolbar to your project.

FusionCharts for Flex v1 comes with extensive documentation and a lot of code samples to help solve any issues that might arise. You can check it out and download your no-restriction evaluation copy from www.fusioncharts.com/flex.

Guest Rajroop

Hello :),

We are really excited to announce the release of FusionCharts for Flex v1.1 featuring the following:

- 12 new chart types: 7 new gauges including Angular gauge, LED gauge and Linear gauge, Spark chart and Bullet graphs have been added.

- All the gauges can fetch data in real-time and come with alert managers and message loggers.

- All the charts and gauges can now be natively exported as images and PDFs.

- The data for all the charts can be exported as CSV.

- Data sets can now have custom text labels instead of numeric values.

- The charts can handle a lot more events to help you manipulate them better.

- Trendlines can also have custom tool-text.

- Custom color palettes can be defined for the data plots.

Learn more about it from www.fusioncharts.com/flex and learn more on whats new from http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/VersionHistory.asp.

Existing customers can upgrade to the new version from www.fusioncharts.com/PUC.