Sign in to follow this  
badmanj

Do PowerMaps work with Flex V2.0.1 ?

Hi,

I like the look of PowerMaps and have an application where they'd be very useful, I think. The application, however, would be in Flex V2.0.1 - I wonder if someone could tell me if PowerMaps would be embeddable into this version of Flex ? I *think* it would require PowerMaps to be built for the V8/V9 Flashplayer ?

Also, would I be able to set regional colours via Flex, on ther PowerMap dynamically ? Additionally, does PowerMap provide any kind of callback/event when a user clicks on a map region - so that I could detect this in the Flex code and act accordingly ?

Thanks for your help,

Jamie.

In addition, can the background image for the maps be changed dynamically ?

If this cannot be embedded easily in to Flex, could it be embedded in to a Flash 'wrapper' application which could control the look/feel of the map - and which in turn could be embedded in to the Flex ?

Regards,

Jamie.

Hi,

I'm afraid you cannot use PowerMaps with Flex directly, even though PowerMaps is made in Flash 8 itself.

>> Also, would I be able to set regional colours via Flex, on ther PowerMap dynamically ?

You can set regional colors using the XML API of PowerMaps.

>> Additionally, does PowerMap provide any kind of callback/event when a user clicks on a map region - so that I could detect this in the Flex code and act accordingly ?

We do provide callback handlers - but I'm not sure how this can be integrated with Flex.

>> In addition, can the background image for the maps be changed dynamically ?

Yes.

>> If this cannot be embedded easily in to Flex, could it be embedded in to a Flash 'wrapper' application which could control the look/feel of the map - and which in turn could be embedded in to the Flex ?

You can try this - we have direct APIs to load PowerMaps in other Flash files.

Thanks for the response.

Given that Flash 9 is now released and projects built in Flash 9 using ActionScript V3 are now usable from Flex (due to the recently released patch to Flex facilitating this), do you have any plans to build Charts/Maps in Flash 9 so that your products can be used from Flex ?

Regards,

Jamie.

Pallav (4/25/2007)
Yes - that's on our wishlist too, but we do not have exact dates for the same.

I am curious to know if you have an update on this.

Thank you.

Guest Rajroop

Hello :),

We are really excited to announce the release of FusionCharts for Flex v1.1 featuring the following:

- 12 new chart types: 7 new gauges including Angular gauge, LED gauge and Linear gauge, Spark chart and Bullet graphs have been added.

- All the gauges can fetch data in real-time and come with alert managers and message loggers.

- All the charts and gauges can now be natively exported as images and PDFs.

- The data for all the charts can be exported as CSV.

- Data sets can now have custom text labels instead of numeric values.

- The charts can handle a lot more events to help you manipulate them better.

- Trendlines can also have custom tool-text.

- Custom color palettes can be defined for the data plots.

Learn more about it from www.fusioncharts.com/flex and learn more on whats new from http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/VersionHistory.asp.

Existing customers can upgrade to the new version from www.fusioncharts.com/PUC.