Sign in to follow this  
aaronfeen

Migrating FusionCharts-based Dashboard to a New PC

I have implemented a multi-chart dashboard and I have it running perfectly on one PC.  Today I moved it to a notebook so that I can demonstrate it around the company.  When I copied the files to the notebook, every chart, radio button, and checkbox stopped working and is eithered greyed out (the buttons and boxes) or displaying the "No data to display" error (the charts).

The way I moved the file is to copy the entire folder from one PC to another.  The folder is located at the root level (c:/Dashboard) with the Java inside (c:/Dashboard/FusionCharts).

It is all client-side hosted...no server involved.  I used the dataXML method and used your example ("FusionCharts and JavaScript > Example Application" located here: http://www.fusioncharts.com/Docs/Contents/JS_Example.html) as the template for my dashboard.

I am running FusionCharts 3.0.6 as well as FusionWidgets.  I have updated Flash on my notebook to version 9.  I have also updated Java to the latest version.

Any ideas why the dashboard would have broken when all I did was move the entire project from one PC to another?

Edited by Guest

Hi,

If you're using JavaScript and Flash communication at client side, you'll need to set permissions for that folder in Flash Player settings dialog box.

Hi,

I m getting values from database into an xml file and displaying in the fusion chart.. If the values in the database are changed they are effecting into the xml file also but the values changed are not populating in the chart... what might be the reason...

Thanks