kc2519

FCTime variable

Hello -

I have read other posts on this topic, but I am still having difficulty with the FCTime variable being appended to my $strDataURL that is being passed from a chart display page to an underlying data page. Here is a typical error message from the debugger:

INFO: XML Data provided using dataURL method.

dataURL provided: data.php?Year=1932

dataURL invoked: data.php?Year=1932&FCTime=129

ERROR: Invalid XML encountered. An XML element is malformed. Click the above "dataURL Invoked" link to see the XML in browser.

I have even removed the appropriate function from the DataFunctions.as file in the FC source code, yet I continue to receive this error, and even re-installed FusionCharts, yet I continue to receive this type of error.

In my case, I want the results to be cached - they are not based on real time data, and thus do not need any sort of timestamp for the latest version. I have been able to successfully create charts using other methods, but this approach of using separate pages for data and display would provide me far greater value if it can be made to work.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Arindam -

Thank you for the reply, but I believe I am already using the urlencode method, as shown below. The FCTime variable continues to be appended to my $strDataURL, forcing an XML error.

//Define dataURL

$strDataURL = "data.php?Year=" . $intYear;

//URL Encode the dataURL - Important Step

$strDataURL = urlencode($strDataURL);

In the data.php file, I have the following:

//strQuery - String variable to contain the SQL query

$strQuery="SELECT name, HR FROM BattingPlus WHERE yearID=" . $_GET['Year'] . " ORDER BY HR DESC LIMIT 20";

And the result is always like this:

dataURL provided: data.php?Year=1946

dataURL invoked: data.php?Year=1946&FCTime=143

ERROR: Invalid XML encountered. An end-tag is encountered without a matching start-tag. Click the above "dataURL Invoked" link to see the XML in browser.

FusionCharts appears to be adding the FCTime variable, causing a difference between the provided and invoked dataURL.

Thanks for the help.

Ken Cherven

Pallav -

Is there any way to get around this? My data is not time sensitive, so I would like to be able to use $_POST and $_GET to pass the value without FCTime being used. I have modified the source code, but nothing changes. If this is no longer a feasible way to pass a value, can you recommend another alternative? I would rather not hard code these values, as it will require producing many more files.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pallav (7/29/2008)
Hi Ken,

We add it to avoid caching of XML data.

Pallav, this is precisely the problem. I want to cache the XML data and FCData is preventing this.

Is there any way to disable this parameter?

Our data documents are expensive to generate and there are too many to cache in the server. However if I used etags I could prevent repeated requests for the same data.

This seems like a major bug if we want the data cached. Why is this behavior hard-coded and not configurable?

And then you say we must pay $2000 to get the enterprise license for the source code so that we can change it ourselves?!!

So how do you disable the FCTime variable from being appended? This is still not clear to me, I have version 3.1 but can't find any reference to this anywhere except for this thread.

Thanks,

- Christian

Hi,

I'm afraid you cannot directly change it, without having to modify FusionCharts source code (in com/fusioncharts/includes/DataFunctions.as)

You cannot directly disable it, without modifying source code of FusionCharts. This is because the variable prevents caching of XML data.

Is there any update on this issue?

What I would like to achieve is to remove the FCTime thing, and to use cache, since our XMLs change only every month or so...

As there have been updates since this post, have you guys done any modification or do I still need to buy the source code to modify this option?

Thanks in advance

Is there a way to disable FCtime being appended? I want to take advantage of the cache or, at least, decide how to handle for each sepcific case.

Thanks

Edited by pitommasi

Hi,

Since there is no answer yet, I'm trying again: do you plan to add the option to disable FCTime in the near future?

Apologies for the delay.

Yes, we have the feature to add the option to disable "FCTime" included in our wishlist for the next upgraded version.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Do you already know when it will be available?

As mentioned in my previous mail, this would be updated in the next upgraded version, scheduled to release early next year.

We shall update you as soon we are ready with this. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Any news?

Please note that this is already in our roadmap. We are working on it.

We hope to come up with this at the earliest and shall update you.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.