Sign in to follow this  
pdaniel

.SWF as Embedded Resource Files?

I have created a class library assembly to be a wrapper to the Fusion files. I have added the .swf files as embedded resources in the project and I'm trying to reference these for use in the RenderChart funciton. See my code snippet below.

url = Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(GetType(ChartControl), "CFN.Web.UI.Controls.ChartControl.Pie2D.swf")

chartDisplay.Text = FusionCharts.RenderChart(url, "", ConvertDataSetIntoXML, "CFNChart", ChartWidth.ToString, ChartHeight.ToString, False, False)

The url converts to /Applications/APP360/WebResource.axd?d=YLFeAETZsBmqQEgBXxjSQFSxN5RnEZuFIJUEjNSceEbGk51IWHsbVz7EgPQDJcnFR4jON4zz6vCwI8vRg-0G5GLxH2CV3gfVD40OnqDPWG81&t=633528315360254502". Is this possible to accomplish? If not, how can I reference the .swf files so that they are located in only 1 directory and referenced by my class library project.

Thanks!

Patrick

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I understand your question. When I execute the code in my snippet, no chart is rendered. There is no error, but there is no chart either.

I thing may be your Resource path not correct. Can you add this Resource Reference in your AssemblyInfo.cs file? Like this way?

[assembly: WebResource("FusionChartsGen.resources.chartsFree.FCF_Area2D.swf", "application/x-shockwave-flash")]

My project directory and root is FusionChartsGen. My FC swf location is resources/chartsFree  so my full path is FusionChartsGen.resources.chartsFree.FCF_Area2D.swf . so I listed all with in AssemblyInfo.cs that way.

[assembly: WebResource("FusionChartsGen.resources.chartsFree.FCF_Area2D.swf", "application/x-shockwave-flash")]

Calling swf file

====================

// Sets SWF(FusionCharts) Path

SWFPath = Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(GetType(), "FusionChartsGen.resources.chartsFree.FCF_Area2D.swf");

Render Charts

=================

chartDisplay.Text = FusionCharts.RenderChart(SWFPath, "", ConvertDataSetIntoXML, "CFNChart", ChartWidth.ToString, ChartHeight.ToString, False, False)

Please follow it.

Thanks for the code samples! I tried to replicate that in my environment. I have a resources directory in my project that contains all the .swf files. My project name is ChartControl. Hence I plugged in the below code.

Code

url = Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(Me.[GetType](), "ChartControl.resources.Pie2D.swf")

AssemblyInfo.vb Page

This does not work. The namespace to my project is "CFN.Web.UI.Controls.ChartControl" so I'm not sure if that changes anything.