Sign in to follow this  
Sullan

How to form dataXML for creating Multi-Series Chart

Hi All,

i was going thru the documentation of creating charts using external file and it was very easy to customize but the problem for me is the requirment is something like i have to use inline dataXML inside the HTML file. I was able to create a basic chart with it, but for creating a multi-series chart how do i form this hierarchy... i am getting an error like this "No Data to Display"... Please help !!

<categories>

<category name='Jan' />

<category name='Feb' />

</categories>

<dataset seriesName='2006' color='c4e3f7' >

<set value='27400' />

<set value='29800' />

</dataset>

<dataset seriesName='2005' color='Fad35e' >

<set value='10000'/>

<set value='11500'/>

</dataset>

Hi,

The following could be the reasons that you are getting "No Data to Display":

1. Could you please make sure that you are using <chart> </chart> tag in you XML like this:

<chart><categories><category name='Jan' /><category name='Feb' /></categories><dataset seriesName='2006' color='c4e3f7' ><set value='27400' /><set value='29800' /></dataset><dataset seriesName='2005' color='Fad35e' ><set value='10000'/><set value='11500'/></dataset></chart>

2. If the above does not solve your issue, then please make sure that you are changing the chart's file name?

3. If both fails to solve your issue, then please attach you code with the post, it will be helpful for us to debug your issue.

Edited by Guest