Sign in to follow this  
pdaniel

Disable Slicing and Exploding Menu Options..

When users right click on the pie chart (after it has been rendered on the page), the context menu has options to slice or explode the slices. Can this be removed similar to how I can rmeove the Fusion Charts options by using showFCMenuItem='0'?  I have read conflicting messages on this. Most state that it cannot be done, while one stated that it could be done with menu='0' or something along those lines. I tried to implement to no avail. I want to be able to have the flash on the chart (for the various rendering effects), but not the ability for users to perform the exploding, etc..

Thanks!

Patrick

Hi,

You can hide the FusionCharts' custom menus: (Some default menus of Flash player would be there)

* This is a HTML object (<object>/<embed>) level parameter that you would need to set.

<object...>

<param name="menu" value="False">

...<embed ...menu='false'...></object>

* If you are using JavaScript embedding technique, please use

var ch=new FusionCharts(...)

ch.addParam("menu","false");

* In case, you are server seide wrappers, please edit FusionCharts.js and add this line:

this.addParam("menu","false");

somewhere near the lines where there are lots of other this.addParam(..) are present.

* You might need to edit the wrappers to put the HTML embedding code for renderChartHTML or createChartHTML functions.

I use the RenderChart function to generate it. Hence, I'm not sure what you mean by "You might need to edit the wrappers to put the HTML embedding code for renderChartHTML or createChartHTML functions." to hide the menu. See my code below..

chartDisplay.Text = FusionCharts.RenderChart(url,

"", ConvertDataSetIntoXML, ChartID, ChartWidth.ToString, ChartHeight.ToString, False, False, True)

Hi,

RenderChart() takes help of FusionCharts.js while rendering the chart. Could you please add the line this.addParam("menu","false"); editing FusionCharts.js file that you are using?

You need to put the line near line 33 or so.

find the line in the file :

//Set Quality 

this.addParam('quality', 'high');

and add

this.addParam("menu","false");

after it.

Thanks. This worked great! The only item I need to find now is disabling the exploding pie slices. The default behavior appears to allow to explode the pie slices. I'm sure there is a property I just need to set. Thanks again!