Sign in to follow this  
itsmmm2002

"Expected ;" JavaScript Error on Some Systems

Hi,

We are using using "FusionCharts.js" to embed chart into HTML. The charts are working fine on some of the systems. But, on some systems "Expected ;" javascript error is coming. When we click "OK" for the javascript error, the error repeats three more times and then the chart gets rendered properly. We tried to compare the system without error and the system with error and did NOT find any clues why the error is occurring.

Could you please guide me what could be the possible cause for the error that we have been facing on only some systems. Please let me know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohana Maganti

Hi,

We have put the new DLL in the following four directories:

<CRS_INSTALL_DIR>toolsFusionCharts_EnterpriseCodeC#bin<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<CRS_INSTALL_DIR>toolsFusionCharts_EnterpriseCodeVB_NETbin

<CRS_INSTALL_DIR>toolsFusionCharts_EnterpriseCodeC#MasterPage_ExampleBin

<CRS_INSTALL_DIR>toolsFusionCharts_EnterpriseCodeVB_NETMasterpage_ExampleBin

But, this did NOT resolve the issue. We are still getting the error "Expected ;". Could you please let us know how we could resolve this issue? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohana Maganti

Hi,

Thanks for your support. Please find attached the zip files "FusionChartsVerification.zip" and "FusionCharts.zip". The zip file "FusionChartsVerification.zip" contains "fusionchartsample.html". "fusionchartsample.html" explains how we are using Fusion Charts. "FusionCharts.zip" contains "FusionCharts.dll" that we are using.

Also, for the approach that we have been using, I suspect that "FusionCharts.dll" will NOT be used for chart rendering. We only use ".swf" files for chart rendering.

Please verify the sample code and let us know how we can resolve the javascript error. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohana Maganti

FusionChartsVerification.zip

FusionCharts.zip

Hi,

Your code is working perfectly in our lab. However you could try using registerWithJS setting to off. Please run this from you local server (IIS). And please follow that link and add your local drive in setting manager to allow global security setting for javascript access.

Setting off registerWithJS

---------------------------------------

var fusionChart = new FusionCharts("tools/FusionCharts_Enterprise/Charts/MSColumn2D.swf", "12345", "100%", "100%", "0", "0", "FFFFFF", "exactFit");

Adobe Global security setting managers link

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html