Sign in to follow this  
JJ

Dynamically change xml properties

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can someone please advise me on how I can change the XML properties dynamically. I am currently getting the data from a datatable and I have fixed properties in the XML for how the chart looks. So basically I want the user to be able to change the properties which will change the XML.

Thanks

JJ

Hi,

Can someone please advise me on how I can change the XML properties dynamically. I am currently getting the data from a datatable and I have fixed properties in the XML for how the chart looks. So basically I want the user to be able to change the properties which will change the XML.

Thanks

JJ

Hey,

Yes, it is possible to change various settings and properties of an existing chart. You can dynamically update chart's root properties also known as "chart attributes" which are passed through <chart> element in chart XML data on-the-fly. API allows you to update selective properties, internally, FusionCharts XT re-draws the entire chart.

You need to use setChartAttribute() function to set a chart attribute. All you need to do is pass the name of the attribute and its new value to this function.

Please read more at: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/JavaScript/JS_ChangeChartProperties.html

Sample Demo Link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Code/JavaScript/Basics/ChangingChartProperties/Change_chart_Theme.html

Hope this helps.