Sign in to follow this  
tbonek

FC_Rendered event not firing

I downloading an evaluation copy of FusionCharts 3 and I'm running the examples in Firefox 2.0.0.3 Flash player 9,0,45,0. All example charts are rendering (with animation) as they are supposed to except for the examples under javascript which contain the FC_Rendered() js function. From inserting an window.alert in this function I can see that it is not being invoked after the chart is being rendered first time i.e. not catching any event. Am I missing a configuration step to make this event happen? Thanks,

-AK

Please make sure of the following:

1. Please make sure that you're using FusionCharts v3 charts, as the JavaScript API was introduced in this version. To check whether you're using v3, just match your SWF name with the names listed at http://www.fusioncharts.com/Docs/Contents/ChartList.html

2. Please ensure that you've set registerWithJS flag to 1. For more information on how to do this, please see http://www.fusioncharts.com/Docs/Contents/JS_Overview.html. Basically, you need to set the last parameter in the following code to 1:

var chart1 = new FusionCharts("FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "chart1Id", "400", "300", "0", "1");

3. Please make sure that you're not placing the chart inside a FORM element. When the chart is inside a FORM element, the browser cannot access the chart using DOM.

4. Please make sure that you're NOT running the chart from local file system (C: , D:). Instead, run the chart from behind a server (localhost - IIS, Apache etc.). This is because the Flash Player security settings do not allow Chart to JavaScript interaction, unless otherwise specifically set.

This is because the Flash Player security settings do not allow Chart to JavaScript interaction, unless otherwise specifically set.

Is there a way to modify this default setting ?

On a local disk - no. But in more than 99 % cases, FusionCharts runs on a web server (either localhost or remote). There, you do not need any such setting.