Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

problem with XML Encoding when fusion charts are loaded in OpenLaszlo App

Hi All,

My problem is:

My app runs perfectly, and i use XML to load the data from DB to OpenLaszlo. ok this works fine

But when the app load the chart, the char encoding changes, and the XML data from DB changes the enconding too, then the accent chars are "corrupted".

Please, if anyone have suggestions about my problem, reply this post.

Thanks

the problem isn't in the xml used by the fusionchart. this work's fine.

The problem is when the char is loaded the whole app encoding changes, and the accenting char are corrupted.

this problem doesn't appear when other flash charts are used.

I think the problem is entire the swfs provided by fusion, or any action script that runs on fusion.

Hi Pallav,

This topic is very old, however I have run the same issues as "jackpr". Encoding crashes after chart is loaded into OpenLaszlo.

I have tested technologies separately, they work fine, as both have utf-8 support.

I have prepared test app (please let me know if you need it, as I can not attach code here).

- when user click button, content of dataset is displayed in list, everything is fine, you can refresh it, encoding will not crash,

- but after clicking second button, responsible for loading and displaying fusion chart with sample data (taken from FC gallery), encoding changes. So after next refresh of list strings are broken.

I have investigated issue for long hours, however I did not find any solution. Chart brakes OL encoding, ant this does not depend on chart data (empty chart will break it as well).

Also I have checked Laszlo / FC library used to load charts, it looks fine for me.

I have run out of ideas, any clues appreciated.

PS. Could you tell me how charts manage encoding?

Hi Pallav,

Thank you for reply. Following your advice I have changed param to default "false", recompiled charts and fortunately everything works fine.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend ;-)

Regards,

Madtux