Sign in to follow this  
Rahul Kumar

getChartFromId not Working?

The following works fine up until the last line.

var theHostname = location.host;

var chart1 = new FusionCharts("http://" + theHostname + "/FusionCharts/FCF_Line.swf", "fusion_chart_id_1", "600", "300", "0", "1");

chart1.setDataXML(theXML);

chart1.render("my_chart");

var chartObj = getChartFromId("fusion_chart_id_1");

chartObj.setDataXML(theXML);

The line:

chartObj.setDataXML(theXML);

...gives me the error:

chartObj.setDataXML is not a function

How can I correct this? Thanks in advance to all for any info.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I notice that FusionCharts 3 has several pricing levels... User, Enterprise, Site, etc. Can you provide a link to the page that says what the differences are between each level? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Could you please tell us the chart's SWF name?

[if it starts with FCF_*.swf, then you are using FusionCharts Free, and FusionCharts Free do not support those features.] 

I've got this problem too. I'm NOT using FusionCharts Free. The name of the SWF is StackedColumn2D. For me it says Object doesn't support this function or method on the second line of this segment:

var chartObj = infosoftglobal.FusionChartsUtil.getChartObject(this.getAttribute('id'));

chartObj.setDataXML(strDataXML);

Note that this code is not from my code, it's from the FusionCharts javascript class. It only happens in IE. Firefox/Chrome work fine. What do I do?

Also in IE a message comes up that says Object doesn't support that property or method, and script debugger shows this code:

try { document.getElementById("total_costs_employee").SetReturnValue(__flash__toXML(FC_Rendered("total_costs_employee")) ); } catch (e) { document.getElementById("total_costs_employee").SetReturnValue(""); }

I didn't write that code. I don't know where it comes from, except that total_costs_emplyee is the name of the chart I'm trying to render. What would cause that error?

I have the same problem, I'm using oem license.

What I have found is that if you put an 'alert()' between the getChartFromId() and the setDataURL() it works fine, but it does not solve my problem since the charts that I'm using are supposed to run without user interaction.

Also, it is happening in IE and Firefox as well.