hitesh.manchanda

Ruby Script for Image Saving

I would like to know if there is any available ruby script for image saving as is available for php,asp.net and jsp based applications. I developed one of my own scripts by studying the available script but when i run the script to save the application the memory allocation fails.

For more insight into this i would like to mention that I am using Rmagick library for image conversion and saving and it seems it's not able to allocate memory properly. Can someone provide me help on this as i am into urgent need for such a script to finish off my project.

Hi Guys,

well in my last post i asked for a ruby script to convert the fusion charts into image file.I would like to share with you that I have myself developed one such script finally and its working well . It use rmagick and imagemagick to do the same.But still it has got some rendering issues in case of Column3D chart. If any one needs that script feel free to contact me.

Well I have used Rmagick and its pretty easy to use as I has its own functional wrappers for Image Magick library. As far as I know minimagick does not support image composition which was required in my case as I had to make a new image object out of fusion chart. So i think Rmagick is useful for that.

Which delegates were needed? All of them? Also, does anyone know if RMagick 1 works completely with FusionCharts v3? We have an issue installing RMagick 2 on our RH Linux system.

Hi

I followed the instructions here: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html#imprereq

Downloaded and installed the delegates as mentioned there.

Also as per http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows, ( at the bottom ) it says,

"If you have any problems, install the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) or Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)." for windows.

These two steps helped me install RMagick successfully.

FusionCharts was tested with and works with RMagick 2.9.0. It uses basic features of RMagick, so it might work with previous versions also.

I would recommend you to install ImageMagick successfully, test with command line

convert logo: logo.gif

Once ImageMagick is installed and tested, proceed to install RMagick.

I am not sure if this link will help, please see http://www.imagemagick.org/script/advanced-unix-installation.php

regards,

Srividya

Can give me a copy? email:[email protected]

Thanks.

"Hi Guys,

well in my last post i asked for a ruby script to convert the fusion charts into image file.I would like to share with you that I have myself developed one such script finally and its working well . It use rmagick and imagemagick to do the same.But still it has got some rendering issues in case of Column3D chart. If any one needs that script feel free to contact me.

Rails Lover"

Hi,

I looked in to the latest export code of sample Rails 3 application.

as you told before , this version may use minimagick or image magick instead of Rmagick, but unfortunately still the given example app uses Rmagick only.

I am using that code in one of my app, but a major problem is that Rmagick is leaking memory and hence hangs my server, it takes almost 99% memory in all cases.

i tried several ways to get around this, but no luck.

I would like to request you to provide some sample code of export using mini magick or Rmagick.

or at least provide me some guideline that how i can use minimagick to convert the stream i got from export to an image.

Hi

The latest version of FusionCharts provides the complete ruby on rails framework for exporting the chart as image.

Please use that.

regards,

Srividya