zozio

few MSColumn3D.swf with diferente xml data

I would like to make PP schow and i got a problem. How to insert in to Powerpoint 4 MSColumn3D chart with diferent XML data is it possible at all??

Help please.

Thanks for that.

But how can i make separate files data.xml in the same folder or how to force SWF file to searh xml file in a diferent folder or run the chart with the diferent name of xml file. I try this

Movie="file:///C:/Column3D.swf?DataURL=file:///C:/1/data1.xml but it dont work at all.

Hi,

Could you please tell us what are you getting when you run the slide show(situation as per your previous post)?

Also please note that, you would need to set FrameNum=0 and Playing=True everytime, when you are re-playing the slide show.

Ok every time when i open the properietes situation look's like this:

1.jpg

Then i change the settings fot this:

2.jpg

And its play corectly. The problem is the i need show 4 slides with the Column3D.swf on each slide, but each of them needs to have diferent XML file. What i know the charts working perfectly if the data.xml is in the same folder but when i change name for data1.xml chart don work, the same situation is when i try to move data.xml to difrent folder and in the properietes Column3D.swf i write location of this XML

(?DataURL=file:///C:/1/data1.xml)

its dont work.

So lets say the i got 1 Column3D.swf in the first slide (powerpoint 2003) and on second slide i got the same file. to the first one XML file will have name label.xml and to second one label1.xml. what shoul i do to force this first one to take data from label.xml and second Column3D.swf to take data from label1.xml.

When i start to write second post you answered before i finnish my post. Basically You give me a perfect axample. i only change the xml name and put it in to c:1 folder and it works. Whats is mo important i can use that SWF file many times in one presentation with a different data XML. Haw ever i got only one problem: do i have to every time before i start a presentation chage Nu frame to 0 and play to true?? is any way exists to make that two parameters constantly for walue 0 and true?? Second problem: If i will copy that presentation to flash disk or CD is it will work?? or i should do something to make it work??

BIG THANKS !!!

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Good news, we have just sorted your the issue, and the sample PPT is attached.
Just create a data.xml file in your C:1 folder, that's all.
No need to do anything. and You will run the slideshow anywhere/in any PC (use it in CD/DVD, flash drive, etc).

Here is how you can do it by your self.

1. Add ShockWave Control to your slide.
2. Do this:
2c5b32d8-f649-4efc-b4f9-4781.png

3. Now to overcome from the issue to set FrameNum=0 and Playing=True everytime when re-playing the slide show. Here is the solution.

Press ALT+11. then double click on Slide1.
  Please see the screenshot:
b4bd1c96-6d47-4898-a453-d5f4.png

In the above fig, you would need to write the following code in step 3.

Sub OnSlideShowPageChange()

Slide1.ShockwaveFlash1.FlashVars = "dataURL=file:///C:/1/data.xml&noCache=" & Timer

Slide1.ShockwaveFlash1.FrameNum = 0

Slide1.ShockwaveFlash1.Playing = True

End Sub

Now You are ready to run the Slide Show. No need to do anything extra. If you have more than one chart then, need to use Slide1.ShockwaveFlash2.* for second and chart Slide1.ShockwaveFlash3.* for third chart so on.

FusionCharts_XP.zip

data.xml

Edited by Guest

ok Could somebody help me with this??

i got 2 Column3D.swf charts in the folder january09 and xml data in january09/1 and they work perfectly but i try to add FCF_MSLine.swf charts but it dont want to work at all.

222.jpg

333.jpg

this is the code in the data.xml:i remowed the <> sign because code wasn't shown on post

graph caption="Daily Visits" subcaption="(from 8/6/2006 to 8/12/2006)" hovercapbg="FFECAA" hovercapborder="F47E00" formatNumberScale="0" decimalPrecision="0" showvalues="0" numdivlines="3" numVdivlines="0" yaxisminvalue="1000" yaxismaxvalue="1800" rotateNames="1"

-

categories

category name="8/6/2006"/>

category name="8/7/2006"/>

category name="8/8/2006"/>

category name="8/9/2006"/>

category name="8/10/2006"/>

category name="8/11/2006"/>

category name="8/12/2006"/>

/categories>

dataset seriesName="Offline Marketing" color="1D8BD1" anchorBorderColor="1D8BD1" anchorBgColor="1D8BD1">

set value="1327"/>

set value="1826"/>

set value="1699"/>

set value="1511"/>

set value="1904"/>

set value="1957"/>

set value="1296"/>

/dataset>

dataset seriesName="Search" color="F1683C" anchorBorderColor="F1683C" anchorBgColor="F1683C">

set value="2042"/>

set value="3210"/>

set value="2994"/>

set value="3115"/>

set value="2844"/>

set value="3576"/>

set value="1862"/>

/dataset>

dataset seriesName="Paid Search" color="2AD62A" anchorBorderColor="2AD62A" anchorBgColor="2AD62A">

set value="850"/>

set value="1010"/>

set value="1116"/>

set value="1234"/>

set value="1210"/>

set value="1054"/>

set value="802"/>

/dataset>

dataset seriesName="From Mail" color="DBDC25" anchorBorderColor="DBDC25" anchorBgColor="DBDC25">

set value="541"/>

set value="781"/>

set value="920"/>

set value="754"/>

set value="840"/>

set value="893"/>

set value="451"/>

/dataset>

/graph>

And i only get the note "No data to display"

Anyone knows what i did wrong??

Edited by Guest

Hi,

My previous post was just for FusionCharts V3 not for FusionCharts Free.

If you need to use it Free, then please use the code given below:

Sub OnSlideShowPageChange()

Slide1.ShockwaveFlash1.FlashVars = "dataURL=file:///C:/1/fdata.xml&noCache=" & Timer

Slide1.ShockwaveFlash1.Rewind

End Sub

Edited by Guest

Thanx for you help. Now im searching best software to make prestentation more acractive. @ the moment im preparing SLA (serwice Lewel agreement) in 2 wersion:

Prewious one ( i mean copy the charts to PP )

and with you software.

If i make a good filling with animated charts i will buy the full version. How ever on this point im very imprest about the support and features of fiusion charts.

Thanx again

Guest Rajroop

Hey there,

We've just released a new and free add-in for PowerPoint that lets you add FusionCharts very easily to your slides. Check out oomfo @ http://oomfo.com

Would love to have your feedback/suggestions. :)