hiral.hapani

Show database text field as ToolTip in C#.net

Hi:

Can any one tel me if it is possible to display a comment from database as a tooltip when chart runs. we can get the database value that we use to generate our chart as tooltip when our chart run. Instead of showing that database data, I want to show the comments as tooltip that are saved in my table.

Thanks in advance

Maksuda

Thanks Rahul for your reply.

I have the code like:

dbReader = cmdSelectTotal.ExecuteReader();
while (dbReader.Read())
{
xmlData.AppendFormat("<set value='{0}' tooltext='{1}' />", dbReader["Total"].ToString(),dbReader["Comments"].ToString());
}

I can see the tooltip(comment) from my database. But when I click on print preview and return to my chart after closing print preview window tooltip doesn't appear anymore. Stack bar which does't haa any comment in db shows the chart data when I place my mouse on each.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Maksuda

Hi,

The tool-tip appears only when the mouse is rolled over a data point. If you need a permanent comment, we're soon releasing v3.1, which allows you to show arbitrary text values over a data point.

Thanks Pallav for your reply. May I know when v3.1 will be available in market Please.

What do you mean by permanent comment ? Now I can see the tool-tip when mouse roll over a data point. But my problem is when I click on Print Preview on File menu and close the print preview I can't see the tool-tip of all data point (specially data point which are at bottom of the stack chart). It's surprising.........

Maksuda...

hi Maksuda,

Can you please rebind your chart on close event of that print preview ?

If you will do this your problem will may be short out.

Please let me know if you have any query reagarding this.

Thanks